Sal Sunseri MERGED

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 10, 2012.

1. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I am excited about Sensei. oops did I misspell? Former D-coordinator from Illinois St. and Alabama A&M. Awesome!

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Getting Chaney out of here will help tremendously.

I would be glad to see lance Thompson leave.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Glad we didn't toss Dooley. This stability he brings us is allsome.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

So who will be left when it is all said and done? Dooley, Roger Frazier, and that orange dog?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That orange dog was thought to be VFL, but rumors are he is considering a move to a lateral position at Bowling Green.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

BearCat, any info on the timing of letting Chaney go now?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Everything has been rather secretive except for Sunseri's visit. I suppose we are very close to closing the deal there.

8. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Ive been wondering why chaney wasnt the first one to go.....thank god that retard is leaving.....i hope its true anyway.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Orange dog to interview for S&C at Okie St. TFWIW.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Its not an issue of letting Chaney go, its an issue of Chaney wanting the [uck fay] out.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I see. Appreciate it.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Abandon ship

13. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I would find it hard for him to take a job when a coach is a lame duck. I would think he is getting leverage at Bama. He is currently making 390k. There is no doubt that bama will make a counter offer and promote him when Smart gets a head coaching job.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sorry for the overly-obvious question......but it's a sincere one:

If we're going to hire an Alabama assistant coach (that seems to have worked out well, the last time we did it) away to be our DC....why are we after Sunsari, and not simply going after Smart, instead?

Bama nearly doubled his salary to match an offer from UGA last season, but he still only makes $750K/yr. It's hard to imagine that we couldn't beat that, or that Bama would be willing to get into a bidding war over him, having just bumped him so drastically only a year ago.

What does it say that we haven't even tried to do that, instead of (seemingly) going straight to Sunseri?

And if Kirby Smart is going to be our next head coach (as some allege, perhaps astutely) - wouldn't it make sense for Hart to grab him now, so that he'd already be in place for the change?

15. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Key words "make sense"

16. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Why the hell would he take a chance on ruining his career to be DC under Dooley unless he is guaranteed HC job if/when Dooley is canned?

If that is what it took to get him here just fire Dooley now and hire Smart.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

In the words of a friend, "The Sunseri hire is more Kirby Smart's decision than it is Derrick Dooley's".

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This shit is beyond a cluster at this point. Time to start from scratch.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I find this hard to believe. Would be extremely unfair to Dooley and I have to think we're going to shoot a little hire than Smart, at least when starting the coaching search.

20. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

Unfair to Dooley are you freaking kidding me. Unfair to Bagget,Sermon,Wilcox,HH,chaney and the other coaches who left our program for lateral moves or no job at all to get away from Dooley. The Jay Graham hire wasnt Dooley choice neither will the RS or Sunseri hire. No one besides Dooley or Barbara trust him to make any choice. Dooley has 1 foot out the door and getting pushed by everyone to be completely out.