Let Me Throw Out A Scenario

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jan 11, 2012.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This is obviously hypothetical, but what if there is some major workings going on behind the scenes to get Dooley out sooner than most people think? A few on this board have stated that this DC hire hinges more on Kirby Smart than it does Dooley. What if:

Hart was bringing in Sunseri to be DC for next year under Smart? As in we're just waiting until after NSD to announce anything other than Sunseri being DC in 2012. After signing day Dooley gets the boot and Kirby Smart is announced as the new HC.

If Jay Graham wasn't Dooley's decision as some on here have stated, it would add more fuel to this theory.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but if Hart is as in love with Smart as some have said and some of the major boosters are as disgusted with Dooley as has been stated then this is possible.

Am I looking to hard into this or could this possibly happen? Maybe I just want Dooley out so bad that I'm grasping at straws for any kind of escape?

2. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

Graham was 100% not dooleys guy. Rs nor sensari are dooleys guy. Thats 100% also if were going to fire Dooley it want hurt us to do it before
    NSD. Dooley needs to go now.

3. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

It may sound like a conspiracy theory, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if this happened.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I don't know, we really need to try to keep what class we have now. Losing a coach 3 weeks before NSD won't help anything, that's for sure. I'm just a little skeptical that it won't hurt us. Unless he is going to kids houses and helicoptering in the parents face it can only hurt IMO.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

What does everyone think of Smart? Seems like a high risk/high reward type guy. Not sure thats what we need

6. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

Question for you Harry. Lets say your a parent of a recruit and every team thats vying for your child to come to their school not named TN what do you think is getting told about TN. No coach even wants to work for Dooley so why would you send your son their. Not to mention the fact he will only be with the program 1 more year. The Arnett thing the Darrick thing to many bad things going on. If we dont do something to shore up coaching staff we will loose recruits anyway. This class has chance to be top 15 also has chance top be 40th.

7. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

Emain im not 100% sold on him but i am 100% Dooley isnt the answer.

8. WM

WM Active Member

The fact that we are trying to become North Bama U is depressing enough.

9. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

It is Mullet but its better than we are right now.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No shit. We can bring in all the Dooleys, Thompsons, Sunseris and Smarts in the world, but it isn't worth a damn without Saban. Like trying to build a platinum selling band around Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton. Not quite the same without Bono.

11. WM

WM Active Member

That being said mason, how in the hell did we get that four star corner from Florida today for the 13 class? That was just out of the blue..

12. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

I have no idea. That is 13 though Dooley want be here then.lol

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Our next hire needs to be a "throw a pick-up truck full of cash" hire before we even make it to the Kirby Smart-type hire on the page. Go big or go home time.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

1. Smart may be turn out to be a fine coach, but he shouldn't be the first guy Tennessee goes after.
    2. It would be pretty shameful to handle things that way. Not at all fair to Dooley or recruits. Future coaching candidates would also probably be discouraged from coming to UT.

15. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

Thats the 3HL line im not opposed of going that direction i just dont think we will do it.