Navy Defensive coordinator Buddy Green hired as new DC- lol j/k

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by vcoile, Jan 12, 2012.

1. vcoile

vcoile New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

May be what ends up happening, but that bunch seems to just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks. Hubbs and Rucker both have confirmed nothing is done yet and apparently Green only got in Knoxville less than an hour ago.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't care how well the man can coach defense, this is an atrocious outcome for Dooley. I understand it's self imposed because he couldn't beat KY, but he cannot have done any worse.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yes, if Green ends up being the guy (hell, even Sunseri for that matter) there's no amount of spin that can cover the fact that we have gotten a coach that no other school wanted, and Dooley's firing is inevitable.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Sunseri is a very respectable hire under the circumstances. Green isn't, regardless of his competence.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Do Not Believe

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Nor do I. It's admission of the end for Dooley, IMO.

8. vcoile

vcoile New Member

I surely hope it's not true. I haven't been able to find this on any other sites. Just the one listed on my first link.

9. vcoile

vcoile New Member

This would only go over with the Vol faithful if they announce that Nick Sabin would be also coming as the Linebackers coach. Haha

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

If Dooley can't get Sunseri or a now unemployed Steele, he might as well just go ahead and negotiate his own dismissal.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

This was up since this morning if the same info...it is just a guess if so. I actually want Green but with someone who brings the name rep to keep recruits. A Green and no Sal or at least Steele coming with will set us back.....we must keep our D recruits. It makes the next HC hire much easier with a full SEC roster.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

With Steele being out at Clemson, is he a legit candidate for a position coach if he is not hired as a DC in a few days?

13. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

I was taking a wait and see who we get approach. Now I am getting pissed because it looks like Dooley is going to help destroy my other favorite team.

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Steels as LB coach and recruiting coordinator is not a bad deal. Steele as DC is awful. I just don't see him downgrading and taking the pay cut but who knows.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Being a position coach would be an upgrade from being unemployed.

16. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

His pay would be about half what he was making. I guess I am looking at it from the ego perspective. He well get hired somewhere as a DC not the SEC but somewhere.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

He isnt hired or offered right now, but his interview went well and Green really wants the job. Will be pressuring Sunseri for an answer and if he comes back with no, Green will probably be offered and will accept. FML

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Steele is not in the picture

19. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I think I'd rather have Narduzzi.