Sal Sunseri MERGED

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Tennessee's search for a defensive coordinator is ongoing. Navy defensive leader Buddy Green was on the UT campus this afternoon less than 24 hours after Alabama assistant Sal Sunseri conducted his formal interview with Dooley & Co. It is believed that Sunseri could have a three-year deal approaching $800,000 annually should the two sides reach an agreement.

While all indications are that Sunseri is now the Vols' top target, Tennessee also obviously continues talks with other candidates.

One potential dark-horse candidate for the top defensive post, according to multiple sources, is Michigan State defensive leader Pat Narduzzi, who enjoyed a breakthrough campaign this year in which his Spartans defense finished sixth nationally in fewest yards per game. Narduzzi, considered grossly underpaid with a 2011 salary of $240,000, also engineered the nation's 10th-best scoring defense at 18.36 points per game across an impressive 14-game schedule.

On the special teams search, Tennessee continues to await an answer from guru Rich Bisaccia, whom sources have said holds a three-year contract offer to be the Vols' special teams coordinator and associate head coach. The deal is believed to be worth at least $400,000 annually.
    -VQ staff

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

rivals is saying he has been offered the 800k 3 yrs

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

this is what I was told

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

would make me happy very happy

5. Oldvol75

Like I said they are just starting to surface so we shall see!

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Hearing the same

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Done and done

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Good. Can recruit, and doesn't look like a disaster from a PR standpoint. Not hard to justify the hiring of a coach whose team just pitched a shutout in the national championship game.

9. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

We are about to blow up...Dooley really has to suck not to win 9 this year...honestly Dooley is likely here for 2-3 more years do to hires that are about to happen. He is one lucky bastard.

govols74n likes this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Now we should move LT back to lb's and make Gardner an offer he cant refuse to coach dl.

11. Oldvol75

I've heard that too. Kind of makes you think that everything we think about Dooley may have been the other coaches that were here. He seems to be cleaning house and trying to get everyone on the same page. Just a thought!

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Wilcox is a [Penis] but a good coach. West coast guys are generally like this. We are going East Coast this time.

East coast culture is much more sociable. West Coast is like NY with fake [breasts].

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

the chances that lance will remain here are slim to none

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

ya i dont see LT staying, but i could be wrong

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Why wouldn't LT stay?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because he got passed over for the DC job.

The guy that got the DC job's resume isn't as good as his

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I'm starting to believe that LT doesn't want the DC job so I think he stays.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Yeah, I've thought that as well. If he wanted it he probably would have gotten it over Wilcox last time.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

SabanOCIo says that LT is not leaving so he'll probably be gone before the sun comes up.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Like I said the other night, this was the most obvious move given where we stood. While LT may have a better resume, he's already ours (the same reason why every recruit is going to be a beast once he gets on campus). It will satisfy the fanbase more than LT, IMO. He's coming form a team that just won another NT. While it might be PR, it may work. What isn't PR is that he is a solid recruiter. Dooley clearly seems to be emphasizing that in his hires...