Great Effort Tonight

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Jan 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Great effort by Martin and the team. That effort will win many games in this conference. Bad last play by Golden, but we wouldn't have been in the game without him.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I started watching UT hoops in 1989 and that is the most uplifted I have ever been after a loss. A lot of good things happened tonight, despite some of the obvious problems. Kenny Hall's dunk would have been an all-time play if that game would have ended in victory.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The unwillingness of the team to give up and the effort to sustain their energy to come back and make a great play to get the steal for the chance to win was great. I can't believe Golden dribbled it off his foot....and yet, I can.

4. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

A fantastic effort by the boys in orange. It is a shame it ended with that fluke play but a great game nonetheless.

It would have been interesting to see Maymon in at the end. We had to bank all of our money on Golden because of the lineup on the court. With Maymon in, the ball could have traveled through different, proven hands.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The fifth foul on Maymon was bull.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree. But he put himself in a bad situation with a couple cheapies way away from the basket.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We could've folded so many times in that game. At 6-0, at the half, any of the times they pushed it to 12 in the second half, after the late Bost three to push it back to 6. And we didn't. A positive sign, even though we didn't win.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He didn't really bounce it off his foot. Bost timed the reach in at the crossover perfectly. That's why he'll make a bunch of NBA money.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hall's dunk off the Golden assist was #10 on ESPN's top 10 plays

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Better eyes than me....lol

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Can think of it this way: if woolridge converts that uncontested layup, we're playin for the win at the end. That's how close we are right now. Hopefully, they can keep it up.