Sal Sunseri MERGED

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 10, 2012.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

LT may just enjoy the paycheck he has with less responsibility.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Can someone summarize the latest rumors?

I've gleaned that Sunsari is likely the new DC, but what's the rub on the other hires?

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

4. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Hubbs said earlier that he didn't see LT leaving.

5. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

At this point, that'd be great.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If I thought Dooley was staying longer than a season I might think differently but under the circumstances, I like the hire. At this point, they need recruiters to stock the roster for the next guy and Sal gives them that even if for nothing more than to hold the guys they have now. It sucks for Lance but Dooley is desperate and having Lance and Sal together is probably better than Lance at DC and hiring another position coach.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And there was much rejoicing. Yay...

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Sounds like the best bet is Sunseri taking the job tomorrow from everything I've read.

10. tripper

tripper Member

If Sunseri doesn't take it, it will be given to Green. Only reason I see LT staying is that no other school would pay him as much to be a position coach.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bama will need a lb coach...

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

agreed...if he can't win 9 next year than I'll never be on the Dooley train.

13. CD12

CD12 Member

I think LT's old lady will veto that...

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

LT wants out. Doesn't really appreciate being passed over for this.....again.

That said, most, if not all of this, of it is LT's fault. He's not exactly made the best decisions to make himself look worthy of a promotion.

He does make a lot for a position coach though. He'd almost have to take a paycut to leave unless he got a DC job somewhere.

15. CardinalVol

LT wants out. Doesn't really appreciate being passed over for this.....again.

That said, most, if not all of this, of it is LT's fault. He's not exactly made the best decisions to make himself look worthy of a promotion.

He does make a lot for a position coach though. He'd almost have to take a paycut to leave unless he got a DC job somewhere.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Isnt Lance and his wife seperated? I thought I read somewhere that she lives in Georgia now

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Rucker saying it's official.

18. CardinalVol

Sunseri per Rucker

Given that he doesn't report anything until he's 99.9999% sure of it, I'll say this is your DC.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I've always been of the understanding that Thompson turned down the job when it was given to Wilcox. He didn't get looked over that time. Can't say for sure one way or the other about this time. Making $400k as a position coach is pretty darn nice. I think LT's name would have at least been mentioned a couple of times if he were interested. It would have leaked.

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

From what I was told, the possibility of CLT leaving isnt due to being passed over for the DC job, it has more to do with his relationship with Dooley. Thats just what I have been told for over a week now.