Daniel McCullers Commits To Tennessee/Also Sunseri Plans to Run 3-4.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 13, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

With him, Sentimore, O brien and hopefully Kirven, our defensive line will be exponentially better

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I will call them the 4 amigos

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

For the first time in a long time, we might be in a position where we don't have to start marginal talents in the front seven. Still will have to start some inexperienced guys, but either Lathers, Smith, or Maggitt sits. At least a start on depth at one position.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He is a very large man.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, there go my concerns about who would play the nose.

Good lord he is huge.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Alright, for the football retards like me, does Jacques Smith now move to Outside Linebacker?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Why would Jacques move?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expect him to be Tennessee's Upshaw, sometimes standing sometimes lined down

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

If we indeed move to a 3-4, I would say definitely

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll be interested to see how much they send him, how much they drop him into coverage.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ah. I thought someone meant JS would move as a result of Big Dan's commitment. A 3-4 with Walls-Dan-Sentimore in front of Jacques-AJ-Santos?-Lathers sounds not too shabby.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also if we stay 4-3, a front four of Walls and Sentimore at DT with Maggitt and Jacques at end would be pretty nice for your obvious passing downs.

15. chavisut

Curt Maggitt was made for this defense IMO.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was back and forth before, but there is no freaking way we lose to Kentucky now.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's a possibility. He has the size/speed to be a MLB or OLB being around 255 lbs. I'm curious as to what our front 3 will look like myself. Sentimore will be on one end, McCullers will almost certainly be in the middle which leaves the other end. Does Couch move from DT to DE? He lacks speed and is almost too big to be on the end at 305 lbs. Man, this thread made my day! Big recruit and news of a 3-4. Love it

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I agree. He has the size to play both roles so maybe he's a hybrid player. It wouldn't shock me for them to try him at MLB to be honest. He's a whopping 255 lbs or so. He would compliment AJ nicely.

19. chavisut

Walls and Miller at the other end spot. Couch seems like he could probably play both.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

wtf 380 lbs