Vols vs Gators Discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 21, 2015.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Defense advantage - Gators
    Offense advantage - Vols
    Special teams advantage - Vols
    Coaching advantage - push

I don't think we will be able to throw on them but if we stay with it maybe we can break a couple of TD runs.
    I think we will need a special teams TD this week to win.

Probably going to be...

FLA - 21
    Vols - 17

#IAin****ching

P.S.

I think if we get a special teams TD we win. 24-21

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

We editing watching now ? LOL

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

**** Gainesville. **** the Gators. **** the Swamp.

4. MWR

MWR Contributor

If the past is any indication of the future, bad times for the Vols.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don't see a special teams score, but could see is scoring on D and that being the difference.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

aint + watching without a space makes a slang word for lady parts in between "ain" and "ching". Google is a cruel mistress, sorry about that.

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

104.5 The Zone in Nashville says that some Florida beat guy said that if Gators lose to Vols that McElwain will be on the hot seat because they view Vols as equal to losing to Vandy or Kentucky.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's how I see it. The defense is going to have to win this game by completely shutting them down and/or getting some points themselves.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Ha

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I'm like Kramer when the dentist comes in with the needle, I let the expletives fly. But I don't use that one. LOL

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I view the Gators as having a pretty sizable coaching advantage.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

small correction

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Defense advantage - slight Gators
    Offense advantage - heavy Vols
    Special teams advantage - Vols
    Coaching advantage - heavy Gators

JMO.

This game is completely up to the players to out-talent and out-will the Gators. The coaches are of no help to them.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Until proven otherwise, yeah. We know Butch sucks. I'm pretty sure McElwain has a shitty staff surrounding him, but they haven't proven it for 2 years

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

with our scheme and unwillingness to use the middle of the field or even throw downfield, I'm not sure we have any offensive advantage.

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

LOL - "Go get em boys!"

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I see a defensive TD from the Gators as a more likely possibility. At some point they are going to jump one of these short routes. We don't have that many dang plays and there's a very small area of the field a defensive back would actually need to cover.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think McElwain is average at worst at the in-game stuff, which means he might as well be Lombardi-Belichick-Zeus.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if you swapped coaches, that offense would be great. Hell, if they just were willing to run some slants, that offense would be pretty dang good.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not kidding, they may as well make their plays in the dirt before each snap. They'd fair better.