Rate the DC hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Jan 13, 2012.

?

What do you rate the DC hire?

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

6.7%
  3. 8

6.7%
  4. 7

33.3%
  5. 6

40.0%
  6. 5

13.3%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know nothing about this guy (other than he came from Bama) and don't have a lot of time to look up information on him right now. There are plenty of people on here whose opinions i value, so I'm asking you to rate the hire on a scale of 1-10. Feel free to post why you rated it what you did. Sorry if this is a little monotonous with all the other threads that have been posted that are similar, but i figure this one can be solely focused on the 8th's opinion on our new DC. Include all aspects of the job (recruiting, coaching, etc.) when rating.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not reading anything that has the words "home run" in the title. If this is a home run hire for us right off the bat, then we have fallen a lot further than i thought.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't feel like I can rate it right now. Can't I wait until the season is at least under way?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His only other time as a DC was at an FCS school in the late 90's. He coached the Carolina Panthers' DL when Peppers and Jenkins were there.

I don't know if he's a good coach or has lucked into having some very talented guys under him. All things considered, Dooley could have done a lot worse but he's far from a guaranteed thing.

6. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Yeah what he said!:cool:

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

6 right now, but subject to change....I'm on the fence right now more than anything until I see what the product looks like on the field. Still more optimistic than I am pessimistic, though.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Also Mike Rucker and Brentson Buckner were on that team. It's arguably the greatest DL in recent history.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Don't forget Shane Burton of UT fame