Time to Play Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Low Country Vol, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I loved the effort by Dobbs and his running ability. It is the overthrown ball to Josh Smith which makes me realize we can't win with guy. It's those type of plays that wins or loses games. The guy can simply can not make the throws.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think Dormady needs to see at least some time. I don't see why Dobbs can't work at receiver or even in the backfield some.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This is ****ing retarded. The lockeroom will implode if Botch tries to replace Dobbs with a freshman.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And why would this matter? Wouldn't it actually help getting Jones outta here sooner?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Get the **** out of here. Your obsession with Dobbs is exhausting.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I want him gone, but not if it means benching one of the shining examples of whats right with current college athletics.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's not all Dobbs. Sometimes a coach has to have the sense to adjust his offense to fit his players. Butch does not. I don't think Dobbs is fantastic, but this offense sucks for the personnel.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

shove a poem up your ass.

9. Dobbs didn't lose this game lets be real. He was elusive and put his body on the line multiple times throughout the game.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has it occurred to anyone that Butch might be limiting our passing plays because he knows Dobbs is inaccurate as ****?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or run plays that play to the strengths of your quarterback.

I like Dormady and I think he's got the makings of a good qb. I don't think this staff would have a freshman qb playing any better than Dobbs is now, especially if you take away the threat of the run.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It didn't phase them in 2013 against Mizzou. He threw it plenty last year too.

Butch is limiting the passing plays because he's a chickenshit that thinks he can ride Hurd to 6 or 7 wins and prolong his career here one more year.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Apparently you're still under the impression Jones knows what he's doing. He doesn't. He has a GA for a QB coach and an 80 year old man calling plays. Despite all of this, Dobbs had us in position to win. Yep, let's bench him.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pretty much this.

This entire offense isn't just going against opposing defenses, they're going against terrible coaching too.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I'm not saying bench Dobbs, but get Domandy some meaningful snaps and see if he makes those throws Dobbs is incapable of doing. There is nothing to lose.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's nothing wrong with that, either

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Exactly.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dobbs didn't put us in that position. Gimmicky trick plays and a bunch of missed tackles by UF did. You seem to be forgetting the fumbles as well.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The 3rd down screens and QB draws were ridiculous by the half against Oklahoma. 6 quarters later and you can almost set your watch to them.