Obviously, I'm Pleased With The Effort, But...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Jan 14, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

What in the [uck fay] is Golden doing walking the ball up the floor with 19 seconds left? All he has to do is run the floor and attack; UK isn't fouling in that situation. That's just brain dead stuff from Golden. We were clearly still in the game at the point. That was just a totally retarded error in what was otherwise a good effort for our crew.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yup.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The missed dunk by Hall was [uck fay]ing pathetic! Teach that guy how to [uck fay]ing dunk!

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Don't think Golden has a lot of experience with handling end of game (could be wrong if he did in HS and they played a lot of close games). Doesn't seem to be a particularly fast learner, either. Or maybe he's just innately terrible at it, like Goins. Either way, we seriously need someone to compliment Golden. Not sure if Stanton could be that guy (instincts, defense, ballhandling - doesn't have to be a worldbeater), but next year's team demands it.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That said, Hall looked much better (from what i saw, which was only the second half) than I've ever seen him look. He was aggressive at least.

6. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

They were running a play in that situation. McBee goes from left wing to right wing, while getting two screens on the baseline. He has to let the players get there to run the play.

I hardly think the lost 1.5 second it took for him to walk two steps lost this game. If you want to blame Golden, blame him for that shit 3 he took earlier.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed. Hall, Stokes, and Maymon were the only ones that decided to show up. Golden did basically nothing the whole game and then made that critical mistake.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Tatum had a much better game than he's had recently. There were some bad plays, but we had him running the offense for large chunks of time (occasionally with Golden still in), so that's a given.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Kidd-Gilchrist also dominated him down the stretch and essentially gave us the knockout punch. That wasn't a positive.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm just shocked that we came very, very close to winning that game. If not for a strange penchant for shooting the long 3 for about 3-4 series in a row and a couple of bad breaks (Hall's missed dunk) - we come away with the W. Of course, the boys also made some fairly wild 3s to make it look closer than it was there at the end. I hope Martin can keep them improving.

Stokes looked great for a debut.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They just went blow to blow with 8 potential first rounders over the last two games and came within a basket of both of them. To say I am pleased is the understatement of the century.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Golden just can't drive to the rim on teams like this. His bread and butter is taken away from him.

This team's strength is the post. We've now got 2 legit guys down there and a third option in hall about 70% of the time. The most frustrating part for me was that we stopped feeding them.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Absolutely, Joe. I'm probably nitpicking, but that type of just complete dumbass play pissed me off. I'm certainly not critical of the effort today.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Tatum had the worst 16 point game I have ever witnessed

15. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I don't care if Golden has never played in a close game in his life, it's just [uck fay]ing lazy to bring the ball up the court the way he did at the end. That and tossing up a three from the TN when it was anyone's game were shining moments for him.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

One thing that can be said is Stokes gave Jones hell. That kid might be able to make a real difference.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Dominated him. Jones is a [ussy pay], and Stokes showed him that today.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Jones just doesn't handle it well when things don't go his way.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's because Kidd-Gilchrist is the best player in the country. Anyone expecting Tatum to play him straight up hasn't been paying attention.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He played him straight up fine until he decided to take about 3 straight possessions off defensively. Give Kidd-Gilchrist credit, though, he hit a jumper that Tatum decided not to contest, and backdoored him a couple of times.