Time to Play Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Low Country Vol, Sep 26, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

With Dobbs's legs we should be getting wide open receivers. We aren't because our coaches are dumbasses. Dobbs is no Cam Newton, but Newton pitched balls to receivers that had no one within ten yards. Everyone was focused on the run. Find which guy is spying Dobbs and send a receiver to that spot.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That qb would last 3 games and one quarter behind a Mahoney coached o line.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You're a football guy (player and coach) so you should see the inherent problems with our 'throw game' that exist before Dobbs even gets the snap.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only thing Florida is good at is defense.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's there all second half. If someone ever loads a youtube video of that godforsaken game, take a look. It was there in the first half, but very small. It got bigger. And he always had that tic of scratching the left side of his nose during tense games. I'm a weird dude who notices small things to compensate for my personal failures with hyper-analyzing other people's.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I saw his nose bleeding

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's sad that you are able to solve that brain buster for free while working to preserve people's health, and we pay a guy 30 times as much to solve it and the best he can do is to make faces and look like cheeto's smell.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dobbs doesn't go through his reads either. If the first read isn't there, he's usually tucking.

10. JayVols

Because that's what he's been taught to do.

11. JayVols

Or all he has time to do.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, and I've admitted Butch sucks. But Dobbs is inaccurate and cuts off his reads early looking to run all the time.

I just want to see if Dormady can get it done.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And he's not smart enough to figure out that sometimes the 2nd and 3rd read can be open? Come on, man.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Deep down you have to know nobody could be successful throwing the ball with these frauds coaching them.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's what Butch has told him to do. Trying to make plays with his arm is why they were adamant about "redshirting" him.

16. JayVols

See my follow-up. I'm not in the argument you're having, but that is the truth. I fault Dobbs on his accuracy more than this issue.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's not given the option. It's what kept him behind Worley and Peterman

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That's the offense, Indy. He also doesn't have the ability to change plays at the line. The smartest man in the history of the program doesn't have the ability to use his mind on the field. Let that sink in.....

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I love Josh Dobbs.

He is everything that is good and right about collegiate athletics.

It is unfair that he is getting blamed for a lot of the ills caused by this staff.

The kid plays like a warrior, and does all that he's asked to do.

But he can't throw the damned ball. His passing skills are woefully insufficient at this level.

Teams stack the box, press outside and dare us to throw, because they know he can't beat them. And they are correct.

See Mizzou, Vandy, OU and now FL.

And ultimately, it is his lack of skill as a passer which is going to see him lose a portion of his job, and eventually all of it.

I love everything about the kid, and root for him.

But he's not an SEC-caliber QB, and while brilliant at times. his running skills simply don't come close to overcoming his deficiencies as a passer.

I wish this wasn't all true. But it is.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Which becomes less surprising when you see how inaccurate he is throwing the ball,

Again, you're preaching to the choir. I know Butch is a ****ing moron. But there has to be a reason they don't like him throwing the ball, and the only logical explanation is his lack of accuracy.