Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Here's what I know, for those who have asked:

Less than one (1) month ago, Gruden called Tennessee his "dream job" during an interview with Finebaum.

That wasn't happenstance, but as a means to prevent the old guard from selling the fans on a fake set of goods, again, namely, that he had no interest, wouldn't come, etc.

Best of all, you don't now need me telling you that the man wants the job, because he's told you.

If he isn't your next head coach, and sooner rather than later, they should just scuttle the entire athletic program.

And all of you should quit.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I just want to know what has to happen for Butch to ****ing go away.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Hart can actually remain where he is, and be allowed to ride into the sunset after the new hire is made, but it will be as a neutered figurehead.

2. Jones has to be bought out. Or leave.

The question is are we at the point of the second thing happening.

Others here will need to answer that question.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Like beating Florida, I will believe we hire a grade-a coach when it happens.

My sons have never known a time when we have been good. Not great, just ****ing good. They are ten and eight.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

butch will end up quitting if the press stays on his ass. Imo

6. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I think its more likely Lyle gets a raise and extension than is it him being shown the door.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk if I see that. We all clearly recognize he's in over his head, but I doubt he allows himself to admit it.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He won't be able to handle what is coming. He's mentally weak.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Our best shot of losing him is his departure a la Cuonzo. "They just didn't appreciate what I was doing. I didn't feel welcome so I'm here at X state community college."

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This will happen imo

11. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I can see him looking for other openings. It would be the smart thing to do. That said, he would have to be an idiot to just step down. Too much buyout money on the table.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah. And where's he going in the middle of the season.

Wouldnt be surprised if he shows some of his assistants the door. Throw anyone available under the bus.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty sure that would mean he forfeits millions.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I just don't think it happens. Tennessee football is doomed to be a 6-7 win (tops) team until the end of time.

15. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

To cement how much this damn staff is over their heads, the fact that Cody Blanc and Josh Smith combined (2 catches) had more catches than Josh Malone, North, Preston Williams and Jauan Williams combined, you have a real f'n problem. Maybe Bajakian wasn't the problem. If Azzani's the passing game coordinator, then my mustang is really a ferrari.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Do you take a 4 million dollar buyout or do you take a job offering 2.5 ish million a year for 3 guaranteed years?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Cody Blanc? Think he's out for the year. Might mean Alex Ellis.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, he's practicing again. He was on the travel roster. I don't know if he played though

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What kind of money does a school like UConn pay? Can't imagine him getting an offer any better than that.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy crap. Did he really have a catch?