Maymon and Stokes

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by volfanjo, Jan 14, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That is going to be a terrible matchup for teams once they have played a little together. They can own the lower block, especially if you try to double one or the other.

Mix in some Kenny Hall off the bench and develop Yemi over the next year and we got something there gents. GBO!

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bump to show off the sweet avatar.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Frontline becomes the most physical in the SEC with Maymon and STokes on the floor.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

CJ Black and Ron Slay except better.

5. punkcat

punkcat Member

Have you seen him in person? Just wait, the kid's a beast. BTW he needs to keep the black shoes.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Jeronne Maymon has never seen the day he could carry the bags of healthy versions of CJ Black or Ron Slay.

7. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

True...But Stokes on the floor only makes Maymon better, at least statistically

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no business in the same thread.

Stokes has some work to do in getting to where Slay was at the end too. He might very well be better and will definitely be a better thinker, but Slay was one helluva basketball player.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm still a little surprised that Slay didn't catch on more in the NBA. He had great tools, size and ability to become a journeyman type player at least and got stuck running around in place like Venezuela. I played with him one time in the HPER building and, holy shit, he could talk.

That said, Maymon is pretty much exactly what I thought he would be when I saw him play in Wisconsin, maybe even a little better. I thought he would be a solid contributor and nice piece to the greater puzzle, which is what he looks to be.