Iran officials accuse Israel for death of key nuclear scientist

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 11, 2012.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Sorry, Im mobile, not quite sure how to provide a link.

Iran is accusing Mossad of recruiting in eastern Iraq which led to the killing of one of Irans key nuclear scientist.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

My thoughts as well, QP. Did Iranian officials call him "key?" Would love to know what made him "key." I bet they keep that to themselves.

3. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Iran broke the rules and got caught. They are free game.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fill me in. When did they get caught?

5. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

The attempted assassination of the Saudi Ambassador to the US.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, that. Fair enough. Kind of weird for Israel to be the Sauds' white knight. That must mean Iran is really [uck fay]ed.

7. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

There are unspoken rules to espionage and Iran just shit all over them with that little stunt. That means, don't mess with Iran or Iran has no rules or international gentleman's code. Look for all kinds of crap we would never do in the USSR or China to start happening in Iran. That also means the rules are off for Iran operating in the US too.

Looks like a Carrier joined the AOR recently. Guess the ship threat from Iran was bullshit.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I am virtually certain that other Iranian nuclear scientists had gone missing or been killed before the Iranian plot to assisinate the Saudi was uncovered. This has been going on for a while...

9. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

True... But embassies are considered off limits. Russia killed the ex-spy in England with some kind of nuke pill but they did it with warning and outside of government protection.

10. TennTradition

Yeah, I'm just saying that this latest assassination doesn't seem all that different than the others. Gloves were taken off by someone (us, Israelis, someone) a while ago.

11. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Its hard to explain. We keep it in-house. Iran tried to take it outside. targeting of spies/government personnel is considered bad business and usually gets a response in-kind but targeting outside of them is considered an open act of war.

12. TennTradition

What's more outside the government - an Ambassador or a civilian nuclear employee?

13. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Ambassadors are untouchable. Killing a scientist has been done before to stop a weapon from being developed

14. TennTradition

Fair enough...but I'm just saying that they were targeting inside the government realm and someone is targeting civilians in Iran. I assume you were lumping Ambassadors as being outside "government"? Due to their appointment, I consider Ambassadors to be inside the government - but no doubt, the diplomatic corps has always been a group that intelligence agencies allow to go about their business (even if under often surveillance or suspicion...)

15. TennTradition

Meh...I know how to keep an eye out over my shoulder...

...not like I'm really worth offing.

But, in this regard, that is one value of a developed program vs a developing program. One cog isn't all that important, which is not really the case in Iran. But, I've taken my position into consideration on the matter of the Iranian assassinations. I still come back with the view that it is a reasonable strategy for a nation to take, but it better stay black as night.

With regard to the Iranians, it's been all about slowing and delaying.

16. TennTradition

IP - I noticed you disagreed with this post...I'm pretty sure that's the case. I've been hearing about Iranian nuclear scientists going missing for a while...it had to be before the Saudi ambassador plot was uncovered...

Do you have something to clear that up for me?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I don't. I don't remember disagreeing with it and don't know why I would. I think I meant to "agree" with it. Sometimes I have had issues with that feature, where I don't line up the mouse correctly or something.

18. TennTradition