Butch's Excuses for Losing to Arkansas

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 29, 2015.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Add to the list please if you feel compelled.

1. These (fill in the blank number) of freshman have never even seen rain before. They weren't mentally prepared for this experience. The sheets of rain disrupted their eye and thigh discipline.

2. Who else runs this exotic offense that Arkansas runs? Our defense wasn't prepared for this type of physicality.

3. Arkansas may be one of the top 5 teams in the nation by the time this year is all said and done.

4. We were just 2 or 3 plays away.

5. We didn't have the 104,355. The 12th individual let us down today.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We have me and the guys I brought with me.

Nothing else need be said.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Someone shoved Lyle's point after chart up his ass and he couldn't figure out if he should go for two.

4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

#5 doesn't work, they've already complained about the noise of a full stadium.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I bet anything if UT loses this weekend (especially if UT loses another 4th quarter lead...) he won't say jack shit to anybody... He won't come out and speak to the media and will basically stonewall anybody who has anything negative to say whatsoever...

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

When has intellectual honesty, or any honesty, mattered to this crew?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's admitted defeat yesterday when he said coaching isn't different in the SEC but there's more scrutiny

8. Rain is not good. If it is raining, or wet, the Arkansas game will definitely pound us into submission. Hope these kids can keep their heads up.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

"This is the first time we've faced a football team with a mascot that people make BBQ out of. This was a mentally tough week on our kids because of the youth factor involved of wanting to eat BBQ all week."

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Gah... Any other line of work that would be grounds for immediate termination.... Thank God he's not commanding troops in actual battle...

11. CardinalVol

"We've tried to keep kids off social media, but they're young and want to get on there anyway. One of them discovered that Wal-Mart's headquarters was located near the University of Arkansas and told the others. This really affected the minds of our young football team. It's a learning opportunity, and now we'll be better prepared if we play the Northwestern University football team in a good bowl game to not be affected by K-Mart's headquarters being so close."

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes. On several fronts, including the whole "adjustments are overrated" bit.

"Sir, our guys are getting ground up by those machine guns up there, perhaps we should shell them?"

"NO! The gameplan calls for charging up that hill to swing around and flank them on the other hill, and by god, that is what we are going to do! It is critical that we take that critical hill, and if our troops give 63 effort, and stick to the infallible plan, we will win this war!"

13. Excellent post, but....

14. CardinalVol

LOL, you took it next level. I tip my cap.

15. CD12

CD12 Member

Alton is our most experienced wide blocker. Until he returns we will have to rely on our throw game.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think our kids were hesitant, because their mascot is considered unclean by at least 2 major world religions.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Negativity. Negativity was allowed around the program. That's on you guys (media).

18. CD12

CD12 Member

Tito get me a tissue....

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You can feel this starting to become an excuse.

He said he wouldn't allow negativity in the program after the OU game. He mentioned outside clutter a few times too.

After UF, he said his coaches coached well enough to win and mentioned outside clutter again. He then said the scrutiny is a lot tougher in the SEC.

He's going to have a come apart after a loss and it will be Gundy-esque

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would pay a lot of money for him to snap and punch Wes Rucker.

That way, he's fired for cause and Wes Rucker gets punched in the face.