Time to Play Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Low Country Vol, Sep 26, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

When I say "the scheme is shit," I am being literal. The scheme is a pile of excrement. That's what they call a "scheme." As in, I just went to the restroom to "scheme" about an hour ago.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Can't you just picture Jones and Debord in a room watching film and trying to figure out how to combat the blitz as if it's one of the world's greatest mysteries.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, and fumbled three times. Good bounces prevented him from being one of the main reasons we lost.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You sound like Butch, living in the land of "if's and but's." Dobbs isn't what lost us games. Whether Dormady should be starting over him or not is irrelevant at this point in time.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The hell I do. He put the ball on the ground 3 times. I coach running backs. If my back puts the ball on the ground, he's off the field regardless of who gets it. You can't put fumbles on Butch.

I've never said Dormady should start over him. I just want him to get snaps. Let's see what he has to offer.

6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

again, if Dobbs is the reason this offense can't or doesn't throw, he has to be benched. He's no longer running it. This offense cannot play at all.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, no kidding.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Give him a try.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

dobbs simply cannot play any more. If he isn't running, you can't consider him. Our fear of the middle gives him no prayer.

11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Why? Dobbs had an arm last year. You think he just lost it? It's coaching.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think it's Dobbs. This offense was a shit show with Worley and Peterman too.

Dobbs got some stuff going with his legs. In true Butch fashion, they don't run him and ask him to throw out rights to the far sideline.

I think Dormady can be a good qb. I don't think he can be a good one with these coaches.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he ran it more last year and that loosened coverage. He can only hit wide open folks. Now that running is gone, dobbs simply provides us with no options at all. He has to go away.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't believe this staff can prepare a QB to play college football. I mean DeBord struggled to get Tom Brady ready to play college football.

But you've got to give him a try because the Dobbs offense is absolutely impotent.

Now the defense is another problem.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Whoever our best QB is... leave him on the bench.

If he keeps his head down, maybe our next coach won't have to fix all the things the Caretaker "taught" him.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why is the running gone? Where are those screens? Where are the quick passes over the middle off of play action?

They manage to coach to his weaknesses.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

This is random, and maybe it's been addressed before but I can't recall it, what is that BS hip swing thing our quarterbacks always do in the pocket? I'm not a football expert, but I don't think I've ever seen other QB's do it.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This staff asked our true frosh Dobbs to throw it 45 times in his first start. They know nothing. I could do a better job. Not even kidding.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If he benches Dobbs, he will lose the locker room. I think scheme and play calling is holding back the offense the most, and that won't change under Dormady.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is true.