I know it's water under the bridge.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 16, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

...but if we could have taken care of business during that 4 game losing streak, we're talking about a potential NCAA team right now.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was thinking the same thing. Although I do think we can make a post season tourney.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

we're really not. You can't get the kind of guard play the we have and go very far. I like the guys and the mentality that we're moving toward, but it's really not in the cards this year. I suspect we'll be a tough out next year.

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I think everyone is overvaluing the three game tear the team is on. It is easy to get motivated to play with this focus and intensity when you are playing the elite teams of the league. This team has no room for error. Will they be able to play with this intensity against a team like Ole Miss or Auburn? Stokes certainly helps. Georgia will provide a quick test to see where this team is headed.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Key word in my original post is "potential".

I agree there are still a lot of problems with this team, and we will find our more on Wednesday. But, there is no denying we've played great ball since Memphis.

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

An excerpt from Seth Davis's column on SI.com

Cuonzo has national writers taking notice. Well done.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

So does he think we are going to win the conference tourney, or just go on a tear from here on? I don't see how we make the NCAA's.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Right now we have one good win and two bad losses (with Pitt and Charleston in danger of falling into bad loss territory every time they lose). We go 10-4 from here on out and we're 18-13 with three good wins (as 10-4 would require two wins over the group of Kentucky, Florida, Vandy, Alabama, and UConn) and two bad losses. At that point, we may be an SEC tournament win or two away from the tournament.

But for a team that hasn't even won a true road game all year, expecting 10-4 from here on out is. . . premature at best.