Gary Danielson Bringing The Heat...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Oct 7, 2015.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

On 104.5 this morning a few things he said...

1- If Tennessee doesn't beat Georgia this season will be a disaster for them.
    2- Tennessee is getting substandard play from their D line, the WRs and the QB.
    3 - Very questionable coaching from the Tennessee sidelines.
    4- When a program like Tennessee pays a coach $2-$3 million dollars they expect championships.

All these are things we already know but, the tone I got from him was it was also substandard coaching.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's over for Jones

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Danielson gets a lot of hate but don't get it. Dude knows his shit.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Being paired with Verne will do that.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

Burn, baby, burn

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't mind him. He tends to get stuck on one point of a game and never relents

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I mean, substandard play from that many groups of players points directly at coaching.

Only 3 sacks from the D line this year.

8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

104.5 really downplaying the possibility that Jones had an altercation at practice. Basically laughed it off.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I liked him a lot more when he first went to CBS than now. He's developed a bit of an attiude that I find annoying.

Agreed though, he knows that he's talking about.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think it's impossible for them to do a broadcast without talking about tebow at least once during the game.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yesterday they seem to be on board with there being an altercation, just that is was overblown by Crowder.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

So far we haven't heard squat from Crowder. How do they figure is he overblowing anything?

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He's always been an ass, and he continually denigrates players and coaches. It's his mo, it makes people think he knows more than he does, and it is inappropriate for a college commentator, IMO.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've seen two former players thus far saying they can totally buy it. Haven't seen in person associated or formerly associated say it did not happen.

15. CardinalVol

True. Either the longevity of it or him getting worse is irritating me more now. It didn't bother me at one time. It just bugs me now.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Former players are tweeting about what look to be similar things - and other former players are liking them.

Posey said something like, "Ask the 2011 class how they were treated. It will be a consensus."

And saying things like, "Glad that what was done in the dark is now being brought to light".

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Regardless of whether or not this is true, it is telling that no one is stepping up to defend Butch. There'd be multiple statements striking this down if this were a Fulmer rumor.

18. CardinalVol

Yup. Even if it happened there would be.

For better or worse, the vast, vast majority of his players loved him.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Exactly. I think the fact that not a single person has stepped out to defend him is pretty telling in regards to just how big of a piece of shit he is.

20. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Receivers coach Zach Azzanni was asked if he's ever seen Butch Jones cross the line physically with any player. 'Never,' was his reply. Of course he is not coaching the offensive line. He also was not asked if he heard of any incident either.