Signature Win over UGA??

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Oct 11, 2015.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Ok, so most of the Facebook mouth breathers that are friends of mine are full Butch. They may as well make him a God at this point because they are worshipping at his feet. It's literally so disgusting it almost makes me sad to be a Tennessee fan at all knowing that some of the mindless morons still have full faith in this clown. So I got to digging and here's what I come up with. Stats don't lie. I'm glad that the head flutist can hang his hat on beating THIS team. Georgia is going to lose several more games this year. They aren't good.

Now, this takes nothing away from the player effort last night in coming back. But to hail Butch God almighty - PLEASE. For the love of God use that tiny brain that you were given to come up with a coherent thought.

UGA’s wins:

Louisiana Monroe (1-4) - lone win over Nicholls State (0-5)

Vandy (2-3) - wins over Austin Peay (0-6) and MTSU (2-4)

South Carolina (2-4) - wins over North Carolina (4-1) - UNC’s wins are over North Carolina A&T, Illinois, Delaware, and Georgia Tech and Central Florida (0-6)

Southern University (3-2) - wins over Mississippi Valley State (0-6), Jackson State (1-4), and Alabama State (2-4)

So to digest. The opponents Georgia beat has a combined record of 8-13. The opponents of the opponents that UGA has beaten has a combined record of 9-36

Please continue to tell me how this was Butch’s signature win. He beat a team that lost their top player the first play of the game and has a QB who couldn’t cut it at Virginia. And a team that won’t be in the top 25 come poll time.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 2013 South Carolina win was more impressive. Tennessee was a better coached but less talented team.

This game was fun, but it had a lot more to do with Tennessee having just as good of players as UGA and Dobbs started calling his own number

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That being said, **** Georgia and their stupid ass barking fans.

I enjoy beating them

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

There were a lot of plays in the first half where it was clearly talent bailing us out. We could win the SEC with a new coach next year.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Side note, Foreman is the worst DB in the SEC.

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Well I most certainly have them fired up on VN. Figured it would be fun to poke the morons.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You can see UT has the players on the field that they didnt have before. Of course they had the same roster for the 3 Ls.

Jones is 1-3 where it matters this year. Its better than 0fer but still not what it should be.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I honestly wonder if he ripped the ear piece out of his helmet after the first quarter, because he looked like a different player. Do you guys honestly think he said "**** it, we are doing this" and ignored the sidelines? Not entirely, of course, but just shunned the whole touchdown-first down-get down crap?

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Dobbs has to run it well for UT to beat above average teams

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's nice for national perception, but it doesn't do anything to calm any fears about this staff

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Yes. Who's behind him on the roster ?

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Exactly. Lyle has still lead a 6-0 team to a 3-3 record.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Just enjoy the win. The rest of the stuff will work itself out for better or worse. Its just great to beat UGAy whenever and however it happens. Now if this team can manage to beat Bama I might just go all in for Butch.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We beat Bama and I'm just going to be pissed that we blew our best shot at a playoff appearance by being dumbasses in weeks 1 - 4.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We beat Bama and we've got a shot (granted, a small one) at winning the east. I can see Florida dropping LSU and UGA. Need them to lose in Columbia, which isn't looking good. And, of course, we'd need to win out, but if we can beat Georgia and Bama, the rest of the schedule is a breeze.

But, yeah, we're not beating Bama.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

You really should have more than one signature win in Year 3, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

But growing up in Chattanooga taking shit from jock sniffer fans for years, I'm going to enjoy the Hell out of this right now.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Hey guys, don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but UGA has a younger team than us...

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They didn't critically make the critical plays to critically win the critical game.

19. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I think it was Butch having to try something different because we got down early. Dobbs looks pretty good when you let him play instead of trying to make him something he's not.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I audibly laughed. Well done.