There Can Be Only One: Darin Hinshaw

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Jan 16, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Former QB coach and current wide receiver coach Darin Hinshaw is the last of the coaches Dooley found to help him rebuild Tennessee when he started back in 2010. He brought Terry Joseph with him from Louisiana Tech and of course Lance Thompson (now departed) and Jim Chaney (rumored to be searching for other jobs) predate Dooley. We have lost Bennie Wylie, Eric Russell, Charlie Baggett, Chuck Smith, Justin Wilcox, and Harry Hiestand from Dooley's original hires. We also lost grad assistant turned LB coach Peter Sirmon. Throw in Lance Thompson and that is eight coaches in two years.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

But it's a good thing we're keeping Dooley for stability.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The only thing Dooley has done positively for Tennessee is bring us back to 85 scholarship players.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The roster is stocked with better quality also, but other than these two, its hard to find much else positive.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If he is not gone by the end of next year it will be painfully evident that UT does not want to compete in football any more.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

What if Tennessee is 10-2 with at worst a Capital One Bowl bowl game? Is it still "painfully evident"?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It will be in 2013.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That wont happen so its hard for me to answer your question.

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Since non of us really know, might as well let 2012 play out rather than preordain it as a failure. If 2012 is not a failure a bunch of you here will be real butt hurt that Dooley will still be around.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What do you mean by 'not a failure?' Because I would consider 8-4 with losses to Florida, Bama, and Georgia a failure.

And yes, I'll be upset he's still around if that's the case.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why would people be "butt hurt" if Tennessee is winning? I don't care how long Dooley stays as long as he wins. I don't see him ever doing enough to keep his job, but it would be great if he were competent.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Injuries, youth, Kiffin etc

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think you misunderstand the point of view, at least from me. I want, and expect, UT to get back to a championship level. I have absolutely no faith that [ddiapos] will be the person to help make that happen. I would be happy as hell to be wrong about that.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Why does everyone have the mindset that, if you're not 100 percent confident in Dooley, you want to see Tennessee lose?

I know some people hated the hire because it seemed like a Hammer's buy from Clinton, but most were on the wait and see approach. The truth is there isn't much to see as a positive, besides recruiting.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's aggravating. I have nothing against Dooley, other than I think he's bad football coach. I'm sure he's a great guy. I want Tennessee to compete for championships. I don't want to be the lovable losers where it's okay as long as the HC is southern and understands the "traditions" of Tennessee.

It makes me sick to see fans say "I hate west coast coaches". I don't give a flying [uck fay] where they're from or how long they stay, as long as they win a lot while employed here.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

As long as they don't molest children, I don't really care.