UCONN at UT

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by TennTradition, Jan 21, 2012.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Hoping to catch the game on TV, but it doesn't look like its on CBS here.

Who all's going?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

TT, you should be able to get the game at CBSsports.com. This happened to me last year.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

CBSSports.com has it. Additionally, sometimes there's a backup CBS channel that carries the national broadcast if regular CBS has a local broadcast. For instance, in Raleigh/Durham, CBS (TWC channel 105) and CBSHD (TWC channel 1105) have the ACC Game of the Weak (GT/Clemson), but channel 106 has Tennessee/UConn

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm watching online here in Denver.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I look forward to hat's comment on the halftime show. This is called a teaser.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Signature wins for Martin after 19 games: 2.

Signature wins for Dooley after 25 games: 0.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How many games can Tennessee lose from here on and find themselves on the bubble?

8. CardinalVol

Not many. I qm curious how the committee would view us as a team before and after stokes.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's one of the questions on my mind. Depending on how and where the losses come, I think they can lose two with a decent showing in SEC tourney, possibly three with a finals appearance

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But that all depends on the Stokes thing. Those bad losses really suck

11. CardinalVol

Id say 9-3 to be a almost lock with a win or 2 in the sect.

12. CardinalVol

Also, if you are in knoxville come join me and johnnyquickkick at the brewery in celebration!

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Worst NCAA team last year was 19-14 (Vols, Sparty, Southern Cal, Penn State all finished 19-14). So I'd say three more regular season losses (four including conference tournament) is about all we can handle and still make it. If there's a particularly weak bubble, maybe 15 losses could do it, but it'd be a huge stretch unless they highly weight post-Stokes play.

Either way, we're still way too inconsistent to take tourney talk seriously.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ended up being able to watch on cbssports, but didn't get to start it until 5:30. What a win!

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I agree with the last part, but we are also capable of winning all but maybe two of the remaining games, I think

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You may be right, but I can't see Tennessee finishing that strong. I still expect to see some games where we want to bang our heads against a wall.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, you're probably right. But the door is still technically open.

18. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

that's become a UT tradition.