Harvey Updyke declines plea.......

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

On a side note, my oldest son wants to call into the Finebaum show and do something Harveyesk, he wants to tell Finebaum that he's upset over Bama winning the NC and that he has used Spike 40D and has poisoned the Bear Bryant statue at alabama.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Finebaum would shit bricks if he did

4. WM

WM Active Member

13 years? I don't blame him.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Plea is ridiculous. Prosecution knows they are going to get a conviction, so they are making him an offer he can't accept.

The amount of shit they are throwing at this guy is incredible. Give him 3 years and be done.

Hell, people have gotten less time for killing actual people.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

13 years is beyond absurd.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Mother [uck fay]er, 13 years for some trees? Corporal punishment would be more fitting of a punishment.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd have made him responsible for clean-up and replacement costs, as insanely large as they may be, but kept jail time to a minimum. Like 90 days.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd put him in jail a few years without tv or the Internet. Give him fake newspaper articles detailing Auburn's unprecedented four straight national championships and Bama being given the death penalty and having both of Saban's NCs stripped.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Harsh. But maybe a sex scandal involving Bear Bryant and young boys back in the day would be a good Page 2 story.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. dude would probably declare bankruptcy though. doubt he has much of an income.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Should also be required to wear an Auburn shirt and tiger tail every day in prison.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was thinking about this: I don't know how folks get their water in Auburn, or what the municipal source is. But if anyone in a few mile radius is getting well water, they could consider suing him. That compound would surely have leached into the ground water, and it is a carcinogen. Once it hits the aquifer, the only way it is going away is just through dilution over time. Can't drop charcoal that deep.

I never heard anything about those sort of concerns after the first month or so of the story, so perhaps it has either worked itself out or the danger was never that great. They do get a lot of water there that may have diluted it over time to the point of irrelevancy.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my brother in law does water testing (among other water stuff) for a living. you wouldn't believe the crap they find in a communities ground water, but still consider it drinkable. he drinks from the tap too, so i guess it's really safe.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's perfect

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've done some projects involving water testing before. It really is quite amazing. But water is the universal solvent.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Did BTEX testing on run off from farm land once. Very interesting.

I think they tried to contain it reaching the water table by digging out a wide trench around the trees, but I don't know. The idea that it leached in is definitely interesting.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

They dug trenches and filled them with charcoal, but that was a month after the fact. The trenches were only a few feet deep.

Like I said, I don't know the full story of how they get their water down there, but if the hydrology is as I think it is, that shit is in the water table.