Joe Paterno

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Jan 21, 2012.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

2. TennTradition

Could be a case where he has died, but they haven't notified everyone they want to yet...

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I saw the CBSSports.com article stating he had died as well, WM.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Still alive, according to official word from family.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6. CardinalVol

Looks like it is real this time.

RIP JoePa

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk man. I just really have a hard time believing that the lung cancer JUST HAPPENED to get bad and he JUST HAPPENED to die just a few months after being fired from his job of 60 years for a child sex abuse scandal. It's hard to look at it as a coincidence.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

matter of fact, i said on twitter on December 16th that the man would probably be dead within 6 months. It's a shame how all this had to end for him. He deserved better. RIP Joe Pa.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Though it is wrong to discuss it, let's discuss it: Should Sandusky attend the funeral? Is it in worse taste to attend, or worse taste to not pay your respects? What about the fired administration?

10. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

I am sorry to hear this.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'd say no to Sandusky. Yes to everyone else.

12. TennTradition

Sandusky should pay respects privately via written or phone communication with Joe Pa's wife...should not make the funeral that kind of circus.

RIP Joe Pa.

13. WM

WM Active Member

[​IMG]

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Agree with TT that Sandusky should pay his respects privately.

This might be inappropriate this soon, but I can't shake the fear that the PSU paper was right, but they were keeping it quiet to notify all those close to JoePa. If true, they need to say something because that editor's career is over right now. It would be a shame if it shouldn't be.

15. TennTradition

I agree with you bill. I thought the same thing at the time with regard to the timing of the announcement.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I've seen this too many times. It has to be true. I predicted JoePa would be dead within 6 months. He beat me.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's 85, though. It's not as if this is a great shock. He still has quite a bit to live for and it's kind of demeaning to a lot of people to suggest otherwise.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. CardinalVol

20. IP

IP Super Moderator