If you could live in any state what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Jan 22, 2012.

1. WM

WM Active Member

I'm at a crossroads in my life right now. I currently live in a state that i wish i knew the days i had to live in it so i could cross them out till i left. The other half has been talking second baby lately and with the reasons of moving to my current local clearing up i have been crushing the real estate sites and enhancing my resume on a nightly basis.
    I lived in Florida for seven years and honestly for all the crazies and horrible humidity i loved it, but is it a place to raise children? I do know where to find a awesome Rum Runner for seven bucks on the beach and watch my favorite baseball team. Not sure yet if it's a place to settle down though.
    My mother has been hounding me to move to the greater Seattle area where she located with my brother. I miss my brother dearly who recently turned 18 and is heading for the military so i doubt if i moved there i would really see him much anyways.
    Then there is moving back home, i love Tennessee. it will always be my true home, but i also love palm trees and sand. Honestly im absolutely torn right now.
    So, if your career wasn't guiding you, where would you live? My brain is scrambled at the moment and clarity is needed.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Google help will be needed.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Charleston, SC

5. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Outside of Tennessee I'd have to go with Colorado

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

this is tough, because I think everyone will have personal reasons for where. I'm like you, I will always consider Tennessee home and it will always hold a place in my heart, but more than anything, I want to move back to Virginia Beach when I get out of the Army in 2 1/2 years. I loved that place while I lived there and I just recently visited there again and fell in love with it again.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Alaska in the brush.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Somewhere warm all/most of the year. Florida, I guess.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm quite happy in East TN.

However, I think I could be convinced to live in the Charleston to Hilton Head area of SC too.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'm an east coast guy and a sucker for palm trees. Florida or South Carolina for me.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Coastal Virginia. Coastal Oregon.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Colorado would be awesome, Hilton Head/Charleston is great too.

I'd still consider Tennessee home, but those would be beautiful places to live

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Charleston SC sounds good. If Charleston is too small for you then Charlotte NC is also good.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Atlanta for the food, Chicago for the weather. I might have gotten that backwards...

15. tankervol

tankervol Member

Tennessee will always be home, but living in SW Florida sure is nice. Gorgeous weather, beaches, golf, fishing, Spring Training. I love it down here.

16. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I have to agree with tanker. I live in a little fishing town by choice. The weather, fishing and golf can't be beat and it is year round.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If I could have a condo at the Palms in Vegas, a beach house on Maryland's Eastern Shore, a home overlooking the river in Sequoyah Hills, and cabin outside of Asheville I would be a happy man. As far as cities go, Philadelphia, NYC, and Chicago are my favorites.

If we're talking international I would love to go back and live in Moscow.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  18. TennTradition

Did you live in Moscow? I'm guessing this was not over 10-15 years ago? I think it might be nice to live there now, but I knew someone that lived there in the mid-90s and hated it.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I spent about two months there in the early 2000s and have spent some time in Eastern Europe more generally over the course of the last ten years. I'm headed back this summer for a spell. I loved it. But it's tough living too. I can understand why someone would be turned off by it.

20. TennTradition

I think it was really tough living in 1995.

If I could spend my summers and falls in Boston, I'd do it in a heartbeat.