Dobbs Foot Injury

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Been struggling with it since Bama. Main part of reason he wasn't active Saturday.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ugh. Let's hope he gets to sit a significant portion of Saturday. In fact, I think Saturday would be a great day to get Dormady a ton of reps with the first team.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I didn't see the game, but if he can't run he's worthless. Get him out.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Agreed. Why not use that game to get Dormady some reps.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That could create a whole host of inquiries and questions to be raised, and with an unpredictable outcome.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They could start Patrick Ashford and still beat the Hell out of North Texas.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He got first downs when he needed to, but the big plays weren't there.

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Hmm? Don't recall it being mentioned (injury report) or following the UK victory. More excuses?

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

When he got caught from behind by a Gamecock DE, I knew something wasn't right.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is true

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Jones- "Dobbs has been banged up."

Dobbs 10 minutes later... "No, I'm not banged up."

12. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Lyle said the same thing about Kamara not getting carries. He just makes crap up to save his own tail.

13. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I was just thinking about this after I read that Dobbs was hobbled. North Texas is absolute garbage and everyone knows this. However, if Dormady starts the game, hits several beautiful passes, a couple of big bombs that drop in perfectly, and he throws for 400+ yards then look out. You will then have a new line in the sand fan war that spills over from those bUTch-ites VS Anti Butch crowd to Dobbs vs Dormady also. And of course there will be a lot of cross fighting going on as well.

Here's what I think happens if Dormady does play and looks really sharp. A couple of scenarios really:

A) A big portion of VN will choke all over themselves. Scrambling, they will latch on to the fact that North Texas isn't very good and this is an outlier. Many anti-Butch Vol fans will use this as just another example of the coach not knowing what he's doing. The anti-Butch crowd will largely rally around Dormady as yet another excuse of Butch's ineptitude at coaching anything. The bUTch crowd will latch onto Dobbs and make every excuse in the world as to why they support their coach.

B) The VN morons will proclaim bUTch as such a great man because he has stuck with Dobbs despite him not being really that great of a QB. They will say he's LOYAL and that he loves Dobbs. They will remind all of us that they saw it after the Georgia game when he vultured the Dobbs interview by telling him how much he loved him and kissed him. They will defend bUTch saying that he was just trying to do what was right for Dobbs. Then out of the other side of their dumbass mouth's they will say now IF we would have been playing Dormady from the beginning of the year we could have only lost 1 or 2 games. They'll claim this as another brick, part of the process, etc. They will really hope that Dobbs transitions into a hybrid running back or wide receiver so that he can bring his electric play to the field but have the real rock star QB in Dormady out there.

I fully, fully expect Botch to be cognoscente enough to realize that this could be a drizzling crapstorm if Dormady starts and looks great. So he really has two options. Play Dobbs injured until we get out to a 28 point lead and let him basically just hand the ball off OR play Dormady but not let him throw it much and mostly just hand the ball off. I think he's one of the dumbest coaches on earth but he's also one of these people that tries to stay 1 step ahead of the avalanche that is eventually going to engulf him. Dormady playing and looking great even against this school for the deaf and crippled isn't good for ol' Botch.

14. RockyHill

They won't put Dormady in a position to showcase his ability. Just ain't happening.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was effective, just not explosive.

16. RockyHill

Gotcha. Well, I'd like to see Dormady anyway. Or Sheriron. Or JaJuan Jennings (sp?). Or the ghost of Rick Clausen or Brent Schaeffer. I'm really depressed about Tennessee football.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the QB is a problem, but when he can run, we can manage.

I can tell you now that Botch is never doing again what he did with Worley and prove further that he keeps better players on the bench. No chance, barring legit injury.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  18. RockyHill

Oh yeah I know there's no hope. Here's a thought though. What are the odds Dobbs is 4th best QB we have just in terms of throwing the ball. That's not at all far fetched.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This. He looked ok running against UK. If he is hurt I don't see how its from 2 weeks ago.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

For someone that likes to tell fans what noises to make and when to make them, you would think he could get his QB in on his lies.