Battlefront

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I can't see getting anything from DICE within a month of launch again, their track record has been horrible.

First impressions are always slanted to the positive, as people let the new toy shine get in the way of seeing if it's legitimately good or not.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wise man.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There are already a number of used copies at gamestops in my area. Wonder if that's a telling sign. Have there been a lot of problems with it?

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've been playing the last few days and love it. It's definitely not a re-skinned Battlefield game, but plays a lot like the old Battlefronts. There are a couple of odd things about the game. I'm still not sure how spawn locations work unless, as it appears, its completely random. I've not run into a single issue on the PS4, but it was also a PS4-first designed game.

5. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I bought it for the single-player mode. BF2 had a great single-player mode. Should've done more research.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not good?

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Nope. There's no campaign mode or anything like that. You can play like 8 different battles v. the AI where you race to 100 points. Graphics are amazing, but beyond that, I was thoroughly underwhelmed.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I heard it should have been a $20 game, but is full price.

9. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

To be fair, it won't have a campaign until after the new Star Wars movie comes out. Apparently, the storyline converge somehow, abdominal they didn't want any spoilers.

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I feel like they could've created some sort of story and managed to not spoil anything. Hell, make the story to where you fight through the original trilogies. I've heard the multiplayer aspects are pretty good, though, which I guess is what they were going for.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As in they're releasing a campaign after the movie comes out?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Picked this one up tonight. Not sure how much time I'll put into it for now. Fallout 4 is too good.

13. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yes.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Intriguing.

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I bought this game for 40 bucks the other day through Live. So far underwhelming has been an understatement.This game has barely any content at all and the maps are pretty weak and repetetive.

Also.....only 3 heroes and 3 villains to play as??? Weak sauce.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ya. $30 game being sold for $60. I think it may have free DLC soon though.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The most fun I've had with the game thus far has been playing split screen hero battles with friends. Other than that, the game is meh.

JudgementVol said they're gonna release a campaign. No idea if he was being serious.

18. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's what was what they led us to believe. Haven't come through, thus far.

19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Campaign should have come with the shipped copy. If it had it maybe would have been worth full retail.

What they actually did release for the price is a travesty.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Never played any fps games, or any video games for that matter and jumped in my son's battlefront to play supremacy. I thought it was awesome, but I was trying to figure out controls and the maps and everything else. It was overwhelming initially.