Baseball America Preseason Top 25

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Jan 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Went to a practice a few weeks ago. Dave is certainly changing the morale and is instilling better baseball principles, but this team is going to struggle. Many of these kids would struggle against DII competition.

Fundamentally we'll be light years better. But that only can take you so far when your talent level is light years below your competition.

3. CardinalVol

What will pitching look like this year? Can we compete on the weekends?

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I am excited that I finally have something to look forward to with baseball. I was wondering the same thing CardinalVol.

5. CardinalVol

10 teams make it to Hoover this year, so I am hopeful we can at least finish 10th.

6. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

I'm at the scrimmage today. Pitching doesn't look as strong as the hard contact being made. But it's hard to judge pitching based on a scrimmage. The coaches may have specific things they wanna see.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This time of year pitchers almost always have the upper hand. Hard contact in January isn't usually a good sign for a staff.

8. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

I normally keep a book while watching. I didn't today because it was a scrimmage, but I can only recall a few K's. But I'm still cautious of critiquing the pitching staff because I think they may have just been experimenting with some situational type stuff.

They were just wearing t-shirts with no numbers or names on them today. I don't have very many faces memorized, so I can't speak about individual players by name. There were a handful of defensive alignment issues. 2nd base cutting off too deep in right filed and a pitcher/1st base confusion on a bunt. Those two I can think of off the top of my head. Frankly, I expect that in January.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Shouldn't be a lot of situational stuff from the staff to pitchers this close to opening day.

10. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Looking forward to the Mem-UTK game on Fox this year. Neither team is very good right now but its good exposure.