GameStop Pro Rewards Membership

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Nov 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I highly recommend this for casual gamers on a budget. I think it's $15 for a membership, and you get 10% extra on every trade plus 10% off all used products. Being a guy who doesn't have to have new games right at release, I've always waited until GameStop had used copies available and bought those. Because of this and the 360 trades I made, I have yet to spend a dime on an Xbox one game.

On top of that, they offer deals all the time, as well as rewards points. These are extremely helpful. For example, I bought Fallout 4 last Saturday using a $25 off coupon I earned with rewards points. After that and my 10% off, the game was about $26. I then used that purchase plus the purchase of Star Wars Battlefront (used, for $51.29) tonight to go towards their "buy 2 pre owned items get one free" special, which allowed me to get Assassin's Creed Syndicate free. Since I already have Fallout and Battlefront to keep me busy, I'll probably trade Assassin's Creed back to them for $27.50, which would essentially mean I got Fallout 4 for free. And they send out solid coupons all the time. 20% off a used game, buy one used game get a second one half off, 50% extra on any trade it, etc. and every purchase and trade just builds up more rewards points.

It's been well worth it in my opinion. between my brother and myself using my account, I think we've had around $250 in savings over the last year. Also, we've never had a problem with any of their used games.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You can also do some trading and buying certain games and actually make money. I did it a few months ago and made 8 bucks. Free money towards other games.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I just bought XBone with battlefront for my son for something around $350.

Good deal?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How much storage? How man controllers? Is battlefront the game he wanted?

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

battlefront is the lone reason he wanted to upgrade. One controller 500 gig, I think.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I thought I saw adds about $300 over the holidays, but I didn't look into them very much. If he's got the game he wants, I think it's fine.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's right. I actually paid $319 for the bundle. Wasn't bad. Separately ordered another controller and FIFA 16 for my daughter. All in $400. Didn't feel too bad.

Bigger deal was the new ping pong table.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, that all sounds about right.

Might check out the EA access thread if your kids enjoy sports games. At some point, EA will put all the 16 games (Madden, FIFA, NHL, NBA) in the vault, allowing you access to all of them over the course of a year for a certain price. It's a pretty good deal. Star Wars will end up in there eventually as well.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Anytime I trade something to GameStop, they give me pennies. I literally got .86 cents for NBA2K14. Told the guy I could've used it as a coaster if I'd known I would have gotten that.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It's a 2 year old sports game. What did you expect?

11. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I hate Gamestop. You're better off selling your things on Ebay or Craigslist.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It depends on the game. Sports games are never highly priced because people always trade them in when new ones come out. When I traded in my older games, I traded a crapload for between $2 and $5. They add up over time.

Nintendo games are always the ones with the highest trade values because little kids never want to trade their stuff. My brother has made an absolute killing.

Gamestop is less of a hassle, and if I don't like what they're offering, I don't trade. The 10% here and there helps too.

13. GahLee

More than 86 cents and I didn't just trade it in. This was a while back.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

A year and a half old sports game. No difference. Why would they give you anymore than that?

15. GahLee

That's 75x below the original sale price. What else depreciates at that rate? Anything?

I didn't expect much, thought maybe 3 or 4 dollars. But 86 cents. I'd rather he just refused it. I didn't notice the price on it until after the transaction was over.

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

If only you were a Pro Rewards Member. That extra 10% trade in bonus would've gotten you $.08. Worth?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They provide multiple solid ways to check the prices of your trades. Also, why would you expect 3-4 dollars for it? That's usually what they sell old sports games for. They have to make a profit.

It adds up over time.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Things with literally 0 demand should depreciate to 0.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yep, I buy sports games knowing full well they ain't worth shit after 6 months

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Which is why I love the EA Access stuff. I can buy the latest FIFA and trade it for enough money to pay for another year of EA Access just before it gets put in the vault.