Trump is GOP Nominee

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Dec 10, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Like really?

I'm not a politics guy and so I don't follow this stuff closely, but it certainly appears that his numbers are greater than those of his competitors.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No. And I bet he runs as a third party.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's a red herring in this race

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's about what we deserve

5. kidbourbon

Who will?

6. kidbourbon

Do you know what red herring means?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Upon googling, apparently not.

I thought it meant "distraction"

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He is distracting.... But he is pretty clueless....

9. kidbourbon

It sort of does mean distraction. I prefer the term "chewbacca defense" in the legal setting.

What I'm getting at from before is that it seems like Trump is more than a mere distraction, or misleading sideshow.

10. kidbourbon

[video=youtube;xwdba9C2G14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14[/video]

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I assume it will be Rubio.

The field needs to narrow down some. Drop even two or three small percentage candidates, and you can probably switch the lead that quickly.

I mean, at this point, I believe you're either for Trump or not. You either dig his message, or you don't.

And there is a lot more in common between many of the low percentage candidates than not, while also being way more difference between the lower percentage candidates and Trump.

So why if you have someone still running that is more similar to the candidate that you really like, but who dropped out, would you switch to the guy with less in common than the candidate you liked? You wouldn't.

So that, to me, means Trump isn't picking up a lot of the votes that are left out there when the field starts to narrow.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Trump would win tonight in a landslide.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Doesn't matter, Clinton will be the next president regardless of what happens on the GOP side.

14. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

His whole candidacy seems to be a ludicrous false flag operation, but if he keeps hating on Mooslems he'll steal enough votes as a 3rd party to put Clinton in the WH easily.

Seems to me that's the plan here.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep. If Trump goes third party I think we're looking at Cruz/Trump/Clinton. Good luck to us all in making that decision.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's running a heel campaign and the hilljacks are eating it up.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We all lose in that situation

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I respect your honesty

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think this is very plausible and quite likely. The problem I see is that more than one or two dropping out before at least three primaries in seems unlikely. I also think it's likely that Cruz siphons off enough votes from the low percentage supporter pool to keep Rubio from gaining enough delegates.

That being said, I can't wrap my mind around Trump as the nominee. I just don't see it happening. Party politics is going to do him in one way or another. See Ron Paul's last run (not that they share much else in common).

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

GOP is already prepping for a contested convention.