Saban Giving Jobs to Girlfriends of Recruits?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Jan 30, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Allegedly...

http://outkickthecoverage.com/five-star-recruit-landon-collins-mom-alleges-nick-saban-promised-job-to-recruits-girlfriend.php

You might recall Collins's mom looked pissed when he announced for Bama.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I might remind you that he also promised a job for a greyshirt recruit while he waited until next year to sign because there was no room, and rehab his knee.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clay has already whiffed horribly on Alabama once.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You stealing my mights?

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I can't believe the mom would get pissed because her son chose a different school than what she liked. It's stupid. Both are top notch football schools and he's getting a free education at both places. Who cares?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some mites are contagious.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

As I see it, there are two divergent possibilities:

1) She is, as you said, pissed because the choice of school is not the one she is a fan of and would rather he pick the home state team.

2)She is disappointed that despite her best efforts, she raised a son that was bribed into making a choice, rather than making one like a man.

Probably number 1, but you never know.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know that I'd call it bribery. People make decisions all the time based on how they affect a significant other.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

personally i think lsu offered her money to have her kid sign with them. nothing else explains that sort of reaction.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's obvious that's what it is. She missed a payday when her boy committed to Bama.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wouldn't that be a scandal, haha.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It happens a lot.