Butch's dumbest roster decisions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 15, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch loves to make some questionable decisions on personnel. Let's take a year by year look

2013:

Dontavis Sapp over Jalen Reeves-Maybin at linebacker. Sapp was a decent linebacker here. JRM is most likely an NFL player who's one of the better linebackers in the sec.

Peterman over Dobbs as 2nd string qb. Peterman may have ended his Tennessee career with more turnovers than offensive yards. Dobbs has set several records, such as rushing yards in a game by a qb, rushing yards in a season and the only Tennessee player to have 300 passing and 100 yards rushing in a game

You could argue not starting Dobbs right out of the gate in 2013 was stupid, but I can understand Worley getting the nod. I don't understand continuing the misery after 3 games, though.

2014:

Worley over Dobbs. This was nonsensical. You saw Dobbs handle the offense for 4 games, he was rough at times but he allowed you to run your offense. No sense in Worley starting

Coleman Thomas at RT. The guy was a center in high school, you roll him out at RT and expect him to block Eric Striker and Nkemdiche.

Mack Crowder at center. He's the only interior lineman I've ever seen not touch a defensive player during plays

Evan Berry didn't return kicks until UTC. That's coaching malpractice

2015:

Shy Tuttle and Khalil McKenzie were behind Danny O'Brien. Kendall Vickers isn't bad, but he shouldn't be on the field on 3rd and short, he is a 275 lb converted de

Barnett in zone coverage, this happened more than once

Jumper over Kirkland

Chance Hall is a freshman All SEC tackle, he didn't see the field until Kendrick was injured against UGA

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Asking since September, where the **** is Marquez North?

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Refusing to play Dobbs in '14 cost us the UF game at the very least.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He got hurt against UF and pretty much was shut down

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What is his injury? Do we even know?

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Wait until you see the starting OL next year. He'll find a way to have talent backing up SoCon potential.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Back and shoulder, to go along with a knee that was injured in fall camp

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He can't keep Hall off the field and Robertson, Wiesman and Jones gives him 3 good guards. Thomas is the starting center.

He can't screw it up too bad, depending on who he has at left tackle.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Add Charles Mosley to odd decisions. He was doing good things at DT all spring, was moved to guard and disappeared.

He's stuck behind Wiesman, Jones and Robertson. Boulware is a guard too.

Lose O'Brien to a suspension and Tuttle to injury, was Mosley? Sitting on the bench.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Chris ****ing Weatherd

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

10 receiver rotation.

All I need to know this coach is a complete boob.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I made my previous post referencing Moseley. Wait and see that reincarnate of Herm Johnson not see the field until October.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yes. Thank you.

Anyone with a decent football IQ recognized him as the most pro ready member on the roster.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Boobs are good. Botch, not so much.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Didn't North have a concussion as well... I think there were 2 different WR that had them during the season.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He said it once on a press conference, I think.

Pig had a "concussion" right before he got the boot

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Not really a roster decision but how about always trying to get Jalen to the outside and then putting Kamara in on 3rd and short and running him up the middle. It's the dumbest stuff ever.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Also, this is X's and O's, but does anyone remember 2013 Auburn when this staff thought it best to be nickel against the best rushing attack in the SEC

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

And there's more, so much more. Incompetent, obstinate, rigid, and defiant to a fault. Not sure which is worse his OCD or arrogance? To close to call

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Stewart is another, once he returns and gets caught up