No executive order gun control thread?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 6, 2016.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Probably is, not wasting the time trying to find it when a kindly moderator will just move this thread if there is.

Facebook is off the hook, it's almost like someone killing a family member.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The crying was super over the top.

3. OrangeEmpire

I was farting around looking at news this morning and I think Drudge linked an article that claimed Obama referred to himself 70 something times.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Do not give a shit. Whatever is done will be undone by the next administration, and Inalready have all the guns, ammo and reloading equipment I'm likely to ever need.

5. OrangeEmpire

Ever?

Seems unlikely

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Doesn't really do much besides common sense things. Was weak.

7. OrangeEmpire

What would have been the cadillac plan?

8. Savage Orange

"Common sense" seems to be Obama's buzzword.... It's bullshit, of course. Nothing done yesterday will mean jackshit to a criminal who wants to buy or sell a gun. Only the law abiding will be affected. That horseshit about doctors asking folks about their guns is a fraud too. My doctor can **** off. My ownership of guns is none of his (or anybody's, really) damn business.

9. OrangeEmpire

Still trying to figure out the doctor bit............seems to be a running theme in all his strategies.

Why is a tattling doctor so important?

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

A whole bunch of nothing.

11. Savage Orange

I'm almost 50... I easily have enough to last another 20 years, provided society behaves itself... If not, none of it will do me much good anyway!

12. Savage Orange

Backdoor establishment of a gun owners database so they can know exactly where to go when the "mental illness" charade is instituted...

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My homeowners insurance will not insure me if I have a trampoline, a "dangerous" dog, no fence around my pool. I'd guess if they knew for sure, they might try to say they won't insure a home with a dangerous gun?

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm trying to figure out what will change as a result of yesterday, good or bad.

15. Savage Orange

Private party sales of guns just got a lot more complicated.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do you guys think Joe criminal gets a handgun? Trace is from the day it was manufactured to the day it gets into his hands. Just curious how you think it happens. Do you think he steals it off the truck to the gun store?

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Not necessarily.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think most criminals buy guns from other criminals or people that don't mind selling a gun to a criminal. Or they steal them from private citizens.

What were you trying to lead to?

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No it didn't. It can't be enforced

20. Savage Orange

I guess I should have clarified... Government approved private party sales got more complicated... Nobody is going to comply, as was noted.