Planned Parenthood to sue group behind fetal tissue videos

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 14, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wonder if they have a case

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope that they are successful.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I hope this explodes in their faces.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It will be more bad PR for PP.

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Perhaps, but mainly with the folks who already hate PP. PP is in the right on this one.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't know how exposing their lies and hitting their wallets can hurt PP.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Exactly.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If they violated the law in making the videos, they should lose.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If pp has something to hide, they have a funny way of showing it a smith and savage orange

11. Savage Orange

I hear you, and I don't believe PP was "selling body parts" but I'm philosophically opposed to abortion and PP has become a sort Walmart of abortion for people who don't want to be bothered to actually accept the responsibility they took on when they laid down and made a child. Those people by far are the majority of abortion seekers, not the rape/incest people.

12. Savage Orange

That said, I know I'm shouting at a wall on this issue... Like the 2A, legal abortion will always be an unassailable fact of life in America. Huzzah!! 2A, boooooo abortion, I say.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We'll see how it plays out.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Estimates between 90-99% of abortions.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Must be making a killing off baby parts to afford all these lawyers. Of course it's probably tax dollars at work here.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not to turn this into an abortion debate, but I really don't think many folks, if any, run around with the mindset of "Yay abortions!" I am philosophically opposed to abortions as well, yet I am pro-choice. There are a a couple of instances where I would have encouraged/supported my wife having an abortion. Having said that, I also realize that I don't want to make this choice for my family much less other folks and their families. Plus, I am on record as being against deadbeats living off the system. I hate it, and I just don't give it lip service. I live it daily. I could have sought disability over 10 years ago, but I'll work until I am eligible to retire or reach a point where I'm physically unable to work. I say that to say this, in my mind, and my mind alone, it is a morally untenable position to be a champion against abortion of all types, then after the child is born, adopt the attitude of "Don't work, don't eat" so to speak.

Again, that's just how my mind works on the issue. I am more than likely dead wrong. Anti-abortion folks should refocus their efforts on something that is guaranteed to reduce the, for lack of a better term, need for abortions, widespread promotion/education of contraceptives.

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Well said, Jay.

19. Savage Orange

agreed on the contraception angle. Enough folks know that having sex could quite possibly lead to becoming pregnant....again, not to take this thread in directions it wasn't intended to go but I can't tell you how many pro-choice folks I know who are adamant about abortion being widely available yet will stand outside a prison holding a ****ing candle to spare the life of some shitbag like Letalvis Cobbins...

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There was a social media movement not too long ago, spurned on by this "war on women" stuff, that encouraged women to share their abortion procedures and talk about how beautiful it was.