Dooley Blaming the Fans (merged)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SaintBruce, Feb 2, 2012.

1. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

Hatvol, I remember Forbes claiming something like this and you calling him a [uck fay]ing moron. Well, I agree.

What are your thoughts on this quote from Dooley:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Message boards costing us recruits...

From TOSses

My thoughts: How sad is it when a coach starts blaming the fans on his failures? I know how it feels to be a player now. That bus hurts.

Thoughts...?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Watch what you say, guys!!! People are reading this!!

Apparently, Mr. Dools lamented the need to overcome the negativity of the "Barbershop" today and how he (and other programs) have to address rumors and innuendos these young men read on the social network sites.

Right on cue, Volquest took up the cause, pillorying any and all negative comments, stating that those who are not Johnny Sunshine are not helping the cause and, in fact, hurting the program. I tried to suggest they were [uck fay]ing idiots, but they are on a rampage, reds on the prowl like their sister just got on the pill and Skoal went on sale at Wal-Mart.

Back to Dooley, I'm not sure of the context, but I shudder to hear a coach mentioning the fans on message boards being a problem. I can't ever remember a solid coach pleading for the fans to show they are "true Tennessee Vols" (actual statement) and not post negative comments about the program. Whatever sliver of optimism I had for the near future of this program continues to dissolve before my eyes and the majority of the fans are willing to play the music while the ship sinks (or at least wanders aimlessly in search of the Northwest Passage).

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well that's it. Dooley is officially finished.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also I did a bit of merging. Fear my mod power.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

By the way, Volquest also has a push-pinned post about how message boards affect recruiting and that people should be mindful of what they say. I'm even mentioned in the following savant-like posts. It makes me realize more clearly how the Nazis were able to succeed.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It would be the absolute ultimate moment if Dooley directly blamed 8thmaxim for something. I'd crack up.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have two degrees from that institution and was walking around that campus before Dooley perfected his part-line. I'll be damned if he is going to question my loyalty because of the personal opinions I have and communicate. [uck fay] him.

EDIT: At least I have fresh fodder for "Down and Out with Derek" episode 1.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

In somewhat of a defense of Dools, he said they brought the negativity upon themselves and at a place like Tennessee, people aren't going to be happy after a season like last year.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let's slow down a bit. This is a potentially gamechanging screwup from Dooley that pushes him from poor coach to just a piece of crap. We need to see a video to get the context and make sure things are what we think they are.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Do your damn job, Dooley , and you won't have to deal with it. This guy can find an excuse for anything. I dislike him even more now.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

They are what you and everyone else think they are. It was not out of context at all. Just another excuse. The only thing he's good at.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dude sucks.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This is being way overplayed in my opinion. The message board deal is in the eye of the beholder. I do think some recruits look at them, and others dont. It should be up to the individual to realize that it is just a message board, where a.) fans are gonna express positive thoughts when the team exceeds, and b.) fans are gonna express negative thoughts when the team fails. Very rarely is anything with any meaning ever posted on a message board from anybody within the program, so it all just fans expressing thoughts about their team. If a person cannot realize that at the end of the day, a message board is just made up of average joes, and that its not Dave Hart, then well I pitty them. If a recruit hears rumor of his coach not coming back, he should pick up the phone and call him just as Croom did. You have to able to separate perception from reality. I hope that a recruit will never influence their decision because of a social media site. If your relying on a random stranger who is sitting behind a computer to help you make up your mind, you obviously have a major inability to think through, and make decisions for yourself, which means its gonna be hard for you to be successful in this life. A message board should not convince a kid one way or the other of what school to come.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Message boards are always going to be filled with dipholes. It's just the way it is. But my question is who is the bigger diphole; the ones who post ignorant thoughts, or the ones who think that those ignorant thoughts actually do the first danged thing to harm to a program? My money is on the latter.

Once again, show up, win games and cut the excuses. Winning cures all. I've ran the roller coaster of emotions with Dooley. Hated the hire but was fully aware of the craptorm he walked into. But my God, he absolutely makes it impossible to like him. Although after listening to his loud-mouthed whiney mother, it makes a ton of sense.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  18. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

While that was a good effort there really is no defending this. Especially this part: "If you truly love Tennessee like most people say, you would not be negative publicly."

I mean our head coach just pulled the VN-VFL true fan card. Sad shit.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley just admitted defeat

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Where is this article?