We've Gotta Get Some More UT Hoops Talk Going

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by volfanjo, Feb 4, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Not a criticism of anyone, but I wish there was some more of it.

By the way, take that UGA!

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could do with some more hoops discussion. I feel like I don't know enough to start any, but would love to contribute.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just raw emotion is fine with me. You don't have to know how to sing to like music, right?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How about Fox getting thrown out? Anyone catch what he said?

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Knowing Mark a little bit as I do, I'm confident the words mother and [uck fay]er were involved.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Those were prominent ones. I am an excellent lip reader.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That had been boiling all night. It was not at all surprising when Fox finally went off.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I like the kind where clearly the coach just loses it so completely they get the tech, double tech all within seconds. I was watching the game with my father and wondered aloud what it would look like when Cuonzo gets that fired up to be tossed. I'd be scared to be a locker room chair.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I know it's gonna happen eventually, but from what I've seen it's hard for me to picture Cuonzo getting T'd up at all. Dude is way even-keeled on the sideline.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Was thinking about it earlier, has Cuonzo ever received a tech in his coaching career? Not sure if there's a way to check that easily, but surely at least once, right?

EDIT: According to this (top result, link failed), Cuonzo had no technicals in his first 2 1/2 years at Missouri State. Guessing that it's a no, then.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  11. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Hopefully they'll win a few in a row and get into the NIT. I wasn't expecting this years team to make it the dance with all the crazyness of coaching changes and losing our two best players. Now it looks like they have a shot to make some noise when the regular season is over.

The reality of the situation is Tennessee's best player should still be in high school. I can only imagine the sinking ship we as a fan base would be on had Stokes not picked to play for Zo and Tennessee.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

While true to some extent, we at least still would've had the Florida game to give us some hope. But unless the two guys we're bringing in next year are better than expected, that might've had to last us a long time.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I kind of wonder if UGA's coach let loose for the technicals as a bit of a motivational ploy. His team is on a skid and it is time to pull out all the tricks.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A well timed t is not a bad thing.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well-timed for the season, I guess. 19 seconds left when down by 6 is not a good time for that game.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think fox's t last night was just to make a point that he thought the officiating was crap. Its really the only way a coach can publicly make that point.