morons

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

i can't stand the ones on toos. I know this is probably already a thread, but it deserves a second one. They think they know everything. they make assumptions and put words in your mouth. They refuse to admit that Dooley has an excuse for everything. They claim Dooley isn't a bad coach but offer nothing to back it up. They ignore anyone who has an opinion that differs from their own. They tell me I'm a troll and that there is no way I'm a UT fan just because i dislike our coach. They honestly believe message boards have a noticeable impact on recruiting. They think recruits recognize the negativity in our program more through message boards than through our record and the shit product we put on the field.I can't stand morons.

Thoughts?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. That set of beliefs is just grounded in a fantasy world that recoils from reason. No reason attempting to even debate that kind of thinking. I think we all hope/hoped Dooley can get it done, but for the most part didn't have a lot to base the hope on. Two years later he's done a lot more to show us that our hope was unfounded rather than inspirit us to back him. The blaming the fans thing is usually one of the final mistakes of a coach that's about to be gone. Remember when Phil did it?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Indy, I would like to quote one of our times' greatest philosophers, "You can't fix stupid." May this phrase bring you the same comfort and peace that it has brought me.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That brings me neither comfort or peace.

Indy, just be glad you live in a big wide world filled with many different kinds of Tennessee message boards. VN is but one small corner of the orange internet. Vols[itch bay], feelslike98, outermonvolia, the rivals forum, and of course the hemorrhoid known as the scout board are all available as well. Not to mention this fine place, which I feel has a lot to offer even if the board is young.

5. JayVols

Condolences, IP. I'm here if you ever need to talk. Experience has given me great insight on the matter.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have been watching some of it. I agree. There is little balance or reason there. The threads predicting winning the East have already started, and some have an undefeated season in their sights. I hope I am completely wrong, but I haven't seen anything that makes me confident in either of these outcomes.

If it makes you feel better, you have owned a couple of them.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Welcome aboard, war hammer

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Thank you,

9. JayVols

Welcome warhammer. Post often.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It doesn't matter if i own them. They don't understand the concept of reason and logic based on fact. They just keep saying the same shit, over and over and over, and ignore everything that is said against it. Oh, and the name calling. A guy called me skittles, and then another poster quoted it and said he laughed really hard and it made his entire day. If all it takes to amuse the human race is calling someone "skittles," then i fear for our future.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This was one of the guys in particular to which I was referring.

That place is getting more frustrating daily.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  12. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

It seems like you care too much what they think if you start a thread here [itch bay]ing about it. Don't go over there if it bothers you. Those are my thoughts.

13. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

It has always been frustrating to filter through the stupidity and it's even more impossible to add opinions without someone responding with an illiterate remark. Just don't go over there...problem solved

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

there are still some people i enjoy conversing with over there.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You must post on at least two Tennessee message boards to be a true VFL.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've already come to terms with the fact that i will never be a VFL. VFL's can't have objective opinions.

17. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I've learned to talk football over here for the most part and all my other stuff over there. You arent going to win many arguments over there when most of their mods think Dools can do no wrong and always pipe in like their opinion means any more than anyone else's.

19. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Unfortunately this seems to be the case, Indy. You can't have a discussion without being shouted down. Sad.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

PJ joined one of my discussions earlier. He wasn't overly annoying. That Jackson Harris guy is a douche though.