The Section 103 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Feb 4, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. There's something ironic about following a contest in which a student shoots to win 12 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts with Antone Davis coming out to midcourt to start the UT introductions. It is good to see the bog man back on campus and healthy and happy.
    2. The more I see of Ohio State, the better I feel about my prediction that they will cut down the nets in New Orleans. Today's game at Wisconsin is exactly the kind of grinder they'll have to win to get the big prize.
    3. The Adam Craig Band gave a tutorial on how to do the Anthem. That was understated acapella excellence.
    4. Jordan McRae played his best game in a Tennessee uniform. The range of the level of his performance is staggering.
    5. Anyone who wants to question Trae Golden's value to this team needs to watch the start of each half. Tennessee was utterly helpless without him on the floor.
    6. As UT halftime entertainment goes, the Beale Street Flippers aren't half bad. They certainly get the crowd's attention.
    7. I'm wondering if there had been a coaching change with the UT dance team. Tonight's halftime performance actually looked choreographed and modern.
    8. Tennessee had a huge advantage in the frontcourt. They managed to exploit it just enough to help get a working margin in the second half. Georgia's posts are really poor.
    9. Good to see that coaching at a school that is totally apathetic toward basketball hasn't doused Mark Fox's competitive fire. He's still right there with Tim Floyd and Larry Eustachy at the top of the list of coaches with the shortest fuse. Speaking of Fox's ejection, it appears Tennessee has taken Doug Shows to raise. It seems as if he's officiated every home game the last two seasons.
    10. That's a good win for this team. It does make the loss in Athens even more frustrating. Now, it becomes imperative to take care of business Wednesday night against a South Carolina team that is just about to spit the bit. Win that one and NIT hopes are still alive.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Totally agree on the McCrae analysis.

I continue to be impressed by Maymon's steady performances. He goes out and does all he can given his limitations. If he was a better mid-range player he would be lethal to a host of teams.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

McRae really makes a difference when he comes to play... I don't think anybody else is as capable of getting his own shot. Brings a dimension that's otherwise lacking. Also glad Cam Tatum actually made a FG.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I like to imagine McBee was guarding Ware at the start of the game, but that Ware just didn't realize it.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't get McCrae. Is he ever going to be any good for us or not? I thought this was supposed to be his year, but he has been possibly the most disappointing player on the team.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I only got to catch the last 10 minutes. Who started at point?

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

McBee.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

And Ware had his scoring average in about 5 minutes on McBee. That goes to show you that McBee's starting role probably won't last very long.

9. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

I've only had the chance to watch 8 or 9 UT games, but from the little I have watched I think he is affected quite a bit by not having a true distributing PG that can get him the ball in the right situations. He has the ability to create his own shot, but could benefit from a strong PG running the O. JMO.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you, but Ohio State lost me money once this year and Syracuse still has not done that, so I'm giving cuse the biased nod.