The Patriots & Bill Belichick

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. From now on, whenever someone says, "system quarterback" to describe a player, if a mental image of Tom Brady doesn't leap to mind - you either misunderstand the term, or have never seen Brady play.

2. Tom Brady is a tool, so much so that he makes Phillip Rivers (a metric socket set, himself) seem like Archie Manning.

3. Number of Super Bowls won by the Belichick-lead Pats between 2000 and 2006: 3

4. Year that Bekichick was fined $50K after the Pats were caught cheating by videotaping the hand signals of opposing QB's: 2007

5. Patriot Super Bowl wins since 2007: 0

6. Just saying.

7. Trivia Question: Which QB inarguably uses more calls (and hand signals) at the line?

8. Hint: his name begins with a "P"

9. Spoiler Alert: it ends with, "eyton Manning"

10. Tom Brady began posting prolific passing numbers after the Pats incorporated many plays from Leach's playbook while he was at Texas Tech.

11. Where is Bill Belichick's birthplace? Nashville, Tennessee

12. How much do I hate the New England Patriots? I'm a little disappointed every time their team plane lands safely.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you elaborate on Brady being a "system quarterback?" Maybe I don't know what that means.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it shows more than anything that it's tough to win when you don't prioritize defense. Since the Pats have started going all-in with offense, they've not won anything. It's tough for those high flying passing attacks to be good every single night, even with a future hall of famer at QB.

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I think on some level, ever since the Charles Woodson incident that the UT fan base is super sensitive to any discussion regarding Peyton Manning and where he stands historically. Brady plays into that discussion.

There is some merit to the topic of Belichick and the taping incidents. The fine was too low and they haven't been the same team since it stopped.

Brady is a great QB, but he is beginning to show his age. Nobody in the media really wants to talk about it.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk that i would call Brady a system QB. Anyone remember the stat they showed last night for the number of game winning drives he has had in the playoffs? I think it said 3 were in the Super Bowl. That's clutch.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I agree, but honestly they probably should have pounded the Panthers and Eagles. Neither was really that good.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you play defense and run the ball, you can play and beat anyone, anywhere.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's all it takes

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

agreed, the Pats D doesn't seem to be anywhere near what it use to be.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the NFL doesn't allow you to play the brand of defense that can consistently shut people down every week.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They seem to be more lenient in the playoffs and were particularly so last night.

Also, the Niners and Ravens still manage to play that kind of defense.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's no way anyone could argue the game was officiated the same way in the season as it was last night. There was some poppin' going on.

I liked it.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

In war you kill and in football you try to kill.

The NFL should let them play like that all season.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

NFL has gone soft, just like everything else in the world.

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Could be the bourbon, but this picture made me laugh out loud.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, love that pic. When I was in Haiti the first time as a kid, I saw a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl champs t-shirt.