I've got to cheer for Deon tomorrow

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Feb 4, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Three reasons.

1 - Had a couple of classes with him in college and he was a really cool guy.

2 - He's probably close to the end of his career and this may be his last chance.

3 - The cold chills up my spine I get every time I see this:

[​IMG]

2. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I think I was at that game .. in the opposite endzone ..

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I will be pulling for him personally, but its going to be tough due to my hatred of the Giants. I guess its more of who I hate the least between the pats and giants.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Best picture on the Internet?

5. CardinalVol

Glad he got his ring. Really glad.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That INT was right in front of me. I remember the student tickets were given at random places, so to get the 7th row on about the 10 yard line for the Florida game was like winning the lottery (I actually did win the lottery for the SEC Championship and got tickets in Atlanta against MSU). I also remember literally getting the top row of the stadium three times as sort of a karmac balance for the great tickets.

Anyway, that was still the most spectacular INT I've seen, especially in person. It's hard to explain how he just swooped in and jumped about 12 feet in the air for the one handed grab so effortlessly. I have to believe that was the loudest game in Neyland history.

In addition to that INT, I was front row for the Collins miss and remember turning back to see if the crowd was coming.....and, yes, they were. Nothing like seeing entire sections of Neyland coming at you, then have your leg get caught on the cement wall for a second. I seriously thought my right leg would be severed. I managed to get on the field and remember it being total chaos and smelling like the the worst body odor you can imagine.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Co-sign all of this. My fav Vol ever.

8. kidbourbon

I've tried several times to describe that interception. It is tough. He came flying in out of nowhere just contorting his body in mid-air to stay on balance.

9. CardinalVol

I'm probably watched it at least 25 times and still cannot.

I was in DD row 1 for the game, and I honestly didn't believe what I saw. What I would have given for a jumbotron in 1998......

10. kidbourbon

It is in my top three for sports pics.

11. kidbourbon

Guy was a silly athlete. He used to throw down some ridiculous dunks in HPER.

12. CardinalVol

The football team's intramural bball team after the 98 football season was the most ridiculous athletic teams I've ever seen that wasn't an actual college bball team. They could have held their own against most lower tier D-1 programs.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I remember that you could almost tell how good the following season would be by the level of play in their intramural games. The year that we went 8-4, I believe 2000, they had some pretty shitty teams that got knocked out fairly early. However, the one in '99 with John Henderson (Who was a beast on the court), Cedrick Wilson and others, killed everybody.

14. CardinalVol

I lived in Gibbs and got to know several of those guys fairly well. They, for the most part, were all decent guys. Didn't really care for any of the bball guys, but really liked all the football guys I got to know.

I still see them around from time to time, and I am always amazed they at least remember my face, even if they can't remember my name and we'll chat for a while.

I actually became good friends with Eddie Moore later on in college. That dude is an absolute riot. Haven't seen him since then though.