Predict the Point Spread: Florida at Kentucky

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Feb 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The opening point spread has not yet been posted. What do y'all think it will be?

I'm going with: Kentucky-9.5

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'd be completely unsurprised if it came out at -9.5, but I'll go with -8.5.

3. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

It will probably start at 10 or 10.5, and finish at 8.5 or 9 after everyone jumps on the points.

4. kidbourbon

Not a bad call. One thing I have noticed about CBB is that the lines move down more than they move up. This actually makes a lot of sense. College hoops is much more driven by "sharp" money than by "public" money simply because the games take place all during the week and not just on the weekends. And "sharps" are much more inclined to grab the points, whereas "Johnny Public" is more likely to just take the better team. So when I want to take the dog, I will try to take it the night before. And when I want the fav, I will wait until morning. (There are some exceptions to this rule, i.e., when I get hunch that the line is off.)

5. hardwoodfanatic

True on all accounts. Weirdest bet I made all season was taking Florida State -5 or so against Harvard, and they scored 10 points in the first half. Never encountered anything like that before.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kentucky may blow them out. It seems like a bad match-up.

7. kidbourbon

And boom goes the dynamite!

UK-9.5

We'll see where it moves.

8. hardwoodfanatic

Cal just sacrificed a baby and a live goat. Give the points.