FBI Admits Active Hillary Investigation

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's not earth-shattering news, as everyone has known about it for months, but two big things, now that they've formally admitted it exists:

1. It's absolutely fair play for Bernie, debates, and the all-important news cycle. Moreover, wity this, its now moved well-beyond Hillary's tact of simply dismissing the seriousness of her actions by alleging it to be merely the product of a GOP witch hunt.

2. Now that the FBI has publicly admitted the investigation, it must have a due course and a similarly public conclusion. I can't fathom that this will be good news for Hillary.

Before this, Hillary could hold out hope that it merely fizzles and dies in a sort of opaque "he-said-she-said" conclusion, and where nothing really sticks. That opportunity is now gone.

Simply, shit just got really real for Hillary.

Link: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/fbi-formally-confirms-its-investigation-hillary-clintons-email-server

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Obama better hope she doesn't have any dirt on him because she's going to try and burn anyone that gets in her way.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What was the rational for having this email server anyway? What possible use could it be (unless you were trying to hide something, and if so, you did a freaking piss-poor job of hiding it)?

4. Tenacious D

I agree with this.

I don't think that she can get elected if a Presidential pardon would be required, even preemptively, but it would likely defuse whatever bombs she may drop on him, later.

It's also telling that the Obama Administration doesn't seem to have been set on squashing this with the FBI, or you would have never heard of it. That doesn't mean that he won't, or that the fix isn't already in, but that it has been formally admitted is a sizable step up, in any regard.

5. Tenacious D

It's the same reason that so many don't use their state/federal issued phones and emails, simply to avoid any possible FOIA requests.

Hillary just institutionalized the decision not to do so, and quite stupidly.

But, when so much federal money went to special interest groups / nations who also donated to the Clinton Fund, I don't think you could be too careful in preventing anyone from seeing exactly how those dots were connected, and particularly, in Hillary's own words, to her personal email.

So, yes. She absolutely did this to hide something. What she's hiding is almost as good of a question as why she needed to do so.

And I think she's going to have to answer each, and very much look forward to it.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Prolly started as a chat line with all of Bill's hook ups. Got sideways after that.

7. Tenacious D

Bill Clinton's internet search history would make me blush.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

She clearly cannot be trusted with sensitive information and anyone with half a brain wouldn't trust her. We joke all the time around here if that were one of us our asses would have been fired a long time ago yet here she is running for POTUS.

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Holding State Secrets on a private server is a big effen deal. It is borderline treason if other foreign agencies had access to the server. I handle COMSEC daily. If I merely walk out the door 5 feet and come back inside the building my ass will land me in the brig. There is a very strict protocol to follow such as inventory of sensitive and classified info every time it is collected or open for viewing in a sensitive area. This is way bigger than what Patreaus did, and he got convicted for way less.

This was premeditated and criminal. How the hell is a Cabinet Member able to receive and transmit sensitive State secrets if a government email account was never set up in the first place? If they claimed negligence, it is still a crime. I'm waiting for immunity deals to come out, but I have not seen any. That is why i think they are stonewalling this investigation.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm more inclined to believe this was done out of general stupidity than anything else, but it's still criminal stupidity

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Either way, ignorance is not justification when classified information is mishandled/marked incorrectly. Everyone involved in this should be losing their clearance at a minimum.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't buy that at all. Laws are for regular citizens and a lot of the political elite don't think they apply to them.

I think she knew it was illegal but just didn't give a shit.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah, I'm suggesting she didn't think it was a big deal. I'm sure she knew it was against policy and wouldn't have thought this if she didn't have an inflated opinion of herself

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What I don't get is surely anyone getting a classified email from her saw the return address. So surely people knew she was doing this yet no one spoke up and said anything firmly to her.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This may be what squashes the whole thing in the end.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Keep in mind that there is a difference here. There was no intent to hold state secrets on this server. It would never have been set up if that were the case. This was to host non-classified email conversation. For anyone who has ever worked with it you know there is a risk that something classified is sent to non-secure systems. That appears to be what happened here. Information that wasn't marked classified but later became so - or technically was at the time but wasn't marked because someone just wrote it into an email - was emailed to this system. Frankly, this is a security risk even if it was accessed on the state servers because they aren't cleared for that level of security.

So let's keep that in perspective here.

17. Low Country Vol

Obama like everything else scandalous claimed to hear it through the media. There are 18 separate emails in which Obama communicated with her private email that will not be released to the public. He had to know she had a private email account if he composed an email to her.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Having the server wasn't illegal. It broke protocol but I doubt that's illegal. Fireable? Sure.

She wasn't storing classified information at home on purpose. This wasn't John Deutch taking home disks of classified information because he wanted to work from home.

19. Low Country Vol

Absoutlutely not. If there was instruction to remove the markings as there is suspected to have done, then its a crime. Negligence with sensitive data regardless of intent is also a felony.

20. Tenacious D

This.