UCONN Is In Complete Freefall.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Feb 1, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I would say they look like an NIT team, but that would be giving their current level of play too much credit.

2. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

I don't get to watch much sports these days. Please elaborate on this subject a little more.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

UCONN keeps dropping games. They are not winning games.

4. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Alrighty then

5. hatvol96

They are an utter disaster right now. If they don't get it completely turned around immediately, they won't win more than a couple of games the rest of the year.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They were just standing there. It was embarrassing to watch. Letting my boy Kyle Kuric ball all over them. I went to high school with that kid. Cheated on Spanish tests with him lol

7. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

One big ass snowball that finally got a head of steam, not sure it's going to stop.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Seriously? Haha. I like Kuric quite a bit.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder how much the off-the-court distraction of their ailing coach has to do with it.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I wonder how much is the coach getting fed up with it, realizing what was coming, and wanting no part of it.

11. hatvol96

Is it just me or is it readily apparent that UCONN's men and the Lady Vols are on the same painful path to post legendary coach irrelevance?

12. hatvol96

Hard to get it turned around when it starts going poorly in the Big East. Not many soft nights on the schedule.

13. hardwoodfanatic

No doubt, it is unforgiving. As for your previous post, that crossed my mind the other day. (Not so much about Summit, but Calhoun) It would be one thing to take over a program at UConn where Calhoun retired after a title or at least leaving plenty of goods on the shelf, it's another thing to bring it back after a monumental collapse, which is more than possible with the way things are looking.

14. hatvol96

They're also currently ineligible for the NCAA Tournament next season because of low APR scores. If they don't get the waiver they requested, that's one more problem to deal with in Storrs.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You don't think Calhoun has built up the program enough by now for them to get a good coach?

And I would think the Lady Vols should still be successful if the AD wants to take it seriously. I can't really say I would lose sleep if the program drops off a lot.

16. hatvol96

Why would any good coach want to be the guy to follow Calhoun? Nobody has ever won big with regularity at UCONN except Calhoun. That's a red flag for any coach who is paying attention.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

yeah. Reitz Memorial High School in Eville Indiana. In fact, he went to the same school as me from K-12. We both went to Good Shepherd from Kindergarten to 8th grade. He was 2 or 3 years ahead of me, but ended up in my Spanish class because he took the 2nd option for the language requirements. He's a good guy. Was always kind of cocky, but hey, i would be too if i was him. lol

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You know more about basketball than I do, but I would think that after 25 successful years, it may be a more attractive job, even if it was all under one guy.

They may not get a proven, great coach, but couldn't they get some up and comer and possibly be successful, or are there other factors that make it unlikely?

19. hardwoodfanatic

Because in reality you aren't stepping into a historical program with successful pedigree over a tenure of multiple coaches, you're stepping in behind an historical coach at a program that without really doesn't exist. I referenced earlier that if Calhoun retired after a title and the program was in good standing, then it would be easier for an elite coach to take the reigns. But with UConn ineligible for the tourney next year, coupled with Calhouns health and some of the internal issues in the program, it is a perfect recipe for possible disaster. If the program has to withstand 2 or 3 years of mediocrity before wiping the slate clean, I don't know that it's that easy for a coach to step in and build that back up. JMO of course.

20. hatvol96

Taking over for Calhoun at UCONN will be like taking over for Tark at UNLV.