Austin Nichols PF TN '13

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by gorockytop101, Feb 6, 2012.

1. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Austin Nichols - Yahoo! Sports

[video=youtube;IOdr37mi0cE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOdr37mi0cE[/video]

Figured I would get a thread started on this kid. Apparently, he loved it in Knoxville this weekend, he's good friends with stokes, and his parents are big fans of CCM. Will be interested to see if we can land him once other schools start calling (presumably Duke because he's white and goes to a private school).

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Coach Martin attended his game last night.

3. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

This guy is important. I like our chances here. It might be tough to hold off Florida and Duke though.

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

By the way, it seems like Martin has really been putting in some work in Memphis.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Talk that UNC will get involved as well.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Confused on something: If he is a '13 recruit, does that mean he would be coming in the Fall of 2013?

7. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

He's friends with Stokes but plays the same position. They did play in the Super 80 on the same team though. His dad is also a huge UTK fan and supporter.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't think that will be an issue, Fry. Stokes can just move over to the 5. When this kid gets here, Maymon and Hall will both be gone. We'll need more posts, so he'll fit in just fine if that's his only concern.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Let's hope the Tuohy's don't adopt him or we'll lose him to Ole Miss too.

10. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Florida and Memphis will be the biggest competition. Unc is going to get involved too

11. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

12. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

Has decided to leave Memphis.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Shocking.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm just stunned that a guy who is from central casting for Duke or Virginia didn't find happiness with the Memphis program.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Take it you're not buying the ex-girlfriend story?

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I assume he figured out Pastner is unrecoverable.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The stories coming out of Memphis are priceless.

18. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

GaryParrishCBS: The other four schools I mentioned earlier that Austin Nichols will not be released to are Tennessee, Providence, Iowa and Virginia.

@GaryParrishCBS: According to @TheCAJasonSmith, Memphis is in a future tournament with Iowa, Providence and Virginia. So that’s the explanation there.

@GaryParrishCBS: What’s hilarious is Memphis denied Tennessee as a possible “future” opponent. But Memphis has also said it won’t schedule Tennessee.

@GaryParrishCBS: True story: Memphis initially sent Tennessee an email saying it can’t contact Austin Nichols because UT is a future opponent. Naturally …

@GaryParrishCBS: … UT responded by saying, “Um, no we’re not.” So Memphis sent another email saying UT is now simply on a “restricted” list. Just because.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Buck Femphis.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As I say everytime there is a transfer, no school should be able to dictate where a player can or cannot go, especially if scholarships are year to year. Just one more way the NCAA screws the kids at the behest of big time programs (Or, quasi-ones like Memphis, in this case.).