Your Colorado/Minnesota/Missouri Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Feb 7, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not much to report. Romeny should roll out west and Santorum has a shot in Minnesota.

Missouri doesn't really matter as they determine their delegates by a caucus next month.

76 delegates up for grabs.

Discuss.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The easter bunny would have a legit shot in minnesota. not sure what they put in the water there.

3. CardinalVol

And he might do a better job than some of the people they have elected.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Romney sweeps, it is time for folks to bow out.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Paul will be there to the bitter end. Newt might as well. He is trying to sell a book.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Newt has nothing to lose, as he was politically unviable before this thing started.

7. CardinalVol

It's really going to come down to money. If the guy from Newt's Super PAC (I forget his name), does hop aboard the Romney train as some reports have indicated may be happening, it's over for Newt. He's basically bankrolling his campaign right now.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The same state has produced Hubert Humphrey, Paul Wellstone, Jesse Venture, Michelle Bachman, Al Franken and Tim Pawlenty. Weird state is weird.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Santorum wins Minnesota and Missouri easily....neck and neck with Romney in Colorado. Interesting. It'll be interesting to see how the delegates shake out.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Non-binding delegates TT. Beauty contest today.

11. TennTradition

That's what I meant by seeing how the delegates shake out...though I don't think that all of these are non-binding, are they?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought only Missouri's was.

Kind of shocked about this Santorum thing. I guess he knows what he is doing after all.

13. CardinalVol

Colorado really surprised me. Not so much the other two, but I though romney would waltz there.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They all were. It is the party's way of maintaining control over the process. Throw in the superdelegates and it assures the party puts in who they want in if it came to that.

15. TennTradition

I suppose I was thinking of the one contest where it meant nothing because they caucus soon to 'decide.' This is different from the others where it counted for delegates, but I guess those delegates aren't bound.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't vote for Santorum. Grill me if you must, but I would rather see stealing wealth than the end of separation of church and state, calling the Turkish government terrorists, and the nutjobs he'll put into the Supreme Court.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm with IP.

18. CardinalVol

I have honestly viewed him as such a nonfactor that I've never really dug into everything about him.

Really seems to me to be a last gasp by the conservative base to go one last effort at Romney, in states that Romeny hasn't necessarily targeted. Essentially he's the 5th or 6th choice of the conservatives. I still think Romney wins and this is over with sooner rather than later.