South Carolina Primary

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JT5, Feb 20, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think they understand that. Maybe this is a route to fix the broken process. The Dems have intentionally rigged a process to avoid an actual primary process so they can avoid the left of their base and lie about being centrist throughout the full election cycle.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That's the double-edged sword of Sanders' campaign, really. He has enthralled, excited and engaged a wide swathe of young voters, really, even better than President Obama was able to do. It's truly remarkable what he's done, and the passionate following that he's engendered. But now that they're engaged, active, and looking around.....I'm not sure that they won't be repulsed by what they're seeing from the Dems establishment. It may do the Dems, and in some respect the entire political process, some serious harm in turning these people off / away with the BS that they've seen, only thus far*. And that may be just what the Dems / America needs - for this younger generation to actually experience the tangible feeling of being unfairly robbed, hoodwinked and lost amidst a rigged system. Because that's usually the seed for change, and how political revolutions occur.

And the whole "Superdelegate" bullshit is just about the most undemocratic, freedom-hating, justice-denying bucket of horse piss that I've ever imagine could possibly exist. The Dem should be ashamed of themselves for it, and they should get squeezed into changing it, even if it killed the party. I can't believe it would even withstand judicial scrutiny, to be honest. It straight-up undermines the very nature of voting, altogether.

*So that no one thinks I'm touting the GOP, let me say this: the GOP is such a catastrophe at the moment that they can't hold their own shit together, and so they'll not benefit from what I'm saying here, in any manner. Simply, i'm not hinting that these young people will flee the Dems to the GOP, at all, first, because it's no better (and actually worse), and second, because I think they'll see that the system as a whole is broken, and not just the Dem side of things.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I have said it many times before, saying it now, and will keep saying it until either I die or it happens. We need a viable third party. Perhaps these you speak of can be organized to start one.

Someone has to take the initiative on this, make the leap from rhetoric to activity.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is very well understood by Sanders supporters. The DNC superdelegates have never gone against the popular vote, however.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The superdelegate thing needs to go before it actually does affect the nomination in a negative manner. Right now, it's about 20% of the delegate total, but not had an undue effect upon the nomination process by contradicting the voters. It will, though, at some point and cost the popular winner a nomination, which will be an reckoning within the party worse than the 2000 election. It needs to go and there's no tangible reason for the Democrats to adhere to it.

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Perfect way to put it

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I agree. And after taking the terrifying part into full consideration I'd still take Trump 10/10 over Cruz.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, which says a lot more about Cruz than Trump

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It's gonna be Trump Vs.Clinton with Clinton winning it all.

10. Tenacious D

My God, that Trump isn't even the most hated person amongst GOP candidates should cost Cruz both this election and the next one, for his Senate seat.

11. Tenacious D

Step 1: Turn your back.
    Step 2: Hide your eyes.
    Step 3: Watch and see.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If those two are my choices, I go with Trump every time.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Part of me wonders if there isn't a shoe being held back to drop on Clinton right when it'd do the most damage.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I know.

But something tells me that it just doesn't matter.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It might be a shoe so big it removes her from eligibility.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Don't get me all excited just to be disappointed you unabashed tease.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

19. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Im more scared what this current piece of shit president has done. Its just a cacophony of corruption.
    Where should i start.
    Prosecuting and imprisoning a man for releasing a video under the first amendment on youtube and being a patsy for the Benghazzi attack.
    The IRS targeting of conservative nonprofits.
    The Operation Fast and Furious gun-running operation
    Obamacare: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services revealing that top Obama administration officials knew of, but concealed, security breaches within Obamacare’s website in the months leading up to the catastrophic
    Executive order abuse – Using these unilateral executive actions to thwart laws against illegal immigration, enact a mortgage relief program, revamp the student loan debt program, strengthen the Federal Drug Administration’s power to ration prescription drugs, wreak regulatory havoc through the EPA, undo bipartisan welfare-reform law, and impose Common Core

Obama has acted more as despot than as a president.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know anything at all. Just a feeling. A "how would I play it if I were a Republican congress" kind of thing. And I'd let her think she was escaping it all and it was blowing over. I'd wait until she was the nominee and in a tight race.