The Twillight Series

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone else ever been dragged to see one of these movies? I find it really ironic that so many women love a movie that presents them as helpless and in need of men for everything. Not to mention the story sucks. I saw a commercial for the new one and figured I'd post my opinion. Thoughts?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You married Indy? A lot of strange things happen when you get married.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No sir. I'm happily single. I'm only 20, so i got a while left to ruin my life with a marriage. Right now, I'm heeding the warning of [MENTION=48]NYYVol[/MENTION] and staying away from marriage.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Every time a man gets married, an angel loses its wings. Stay strong, Indy.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My wife took me with her to see the last one. There were several "serious" parts of the movie where I busted out in laughter. My wife, as well as any other women around, were pissed.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just love how middle aged women are allowed to oogle over 16 year old boys and it's ok, but if I oogle over a 16 year old girl, I am viewed as a sick sex offender.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I had to go see one of them with my girlfriend of the time. I refused to pay for my ticket. I figured if she was going to make me be out at midnight, watch a horrible movie, and endure the annoying screams every time the werewolf took his damn shirt off, the least she could do was pay for my ticket. Got a blowjob out of it as well, so i guess it all worked out for the best.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've made the same point to my wife.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

She was thinking about Edward the whole time, imo, jmo, gbo.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my wife has made me rent them on on demand. I think it's also funny that this guy who's like 200 years old is trying to bang a 16 year old, yet somehow it's romantic and not disgusting? also she's the biggest [ock cay] tease in the world. my wife freely admits to all of this, yet somehow still reads the books and watches the movies.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup. Pretty much. I'm elated my wife doesn't care about these, even if she does watch Real Dance Moms (or whatever it's called).

In a sermon podcast I listen to, the pastor had a field day pointing out exactly what you just said, and then added in, and you take your 12 year old girls to watch it. You could feel the tension in the room through the iPod.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

She can pretend I'm Stuart Smalley as far as I'm concerned. Whatever gets her mouth there is okay with me. Jmo, imho, vfl.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's OK, he was thinking about Jacob.

Just kidding. Go Vols.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Thankfully, no. Woman read the books, hated the movies, thus it has been a non issue.

I do have to watch True Blood, though, but that may be another story.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i enjoyed true blood until last season. then it got kind of crappy. at least there are hot naked vampire chicks.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed, droski. I can handle it when the fiance watches True Blood. Twilight sucks complete ass.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What... you guys don't like were-panthers?