South Carolina Primary

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JT5, Feb 20, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump is probably as close to that as we are going to get. I don't get the sense that he is loyal to the ideas or philosophies of either party.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Which makes him a better candidate.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Trump for President it is

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'll be shocked if, not only does she win the nomination, but the Presidency too.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, I don't think she can win the general anymore. Against a Cruz, but not a Trump.

6. BigOrangeBeech

I do think Trump has the best shot to beat her, but once again, I'll be extremely surprised if he's able to do it.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think she'll do all that well. I don't see the democrats circling the wagons around her.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's playing a "mama knows best" tune to the younger group that would and will never resonate. With any generation.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

And there's a huge portion that's pissed with Washington and she's about as entrenched in the system as one can be, plus unless you're just blinded by team she's as untrustworthy as it gets too.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They really had to twist your arm on that one I bet.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don't know. Voter participation was down 33% in Nevada compared to 2008. Dems aren't even getting off the couch to vote now.

On the other side, voter participation in SC was up 20%, an all-time high for an SC primary turnout, last weekend.

Will be interesting to see if Dem voting numbers are noticeably low again this week in a state that was historically active just a few days ago.

12. BigOrangeBeech

I feel good that some of you on here don't see it as a slam dunk like I do. I'll be more than glad to be wrong.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Add to that the voters who will turn out in November to prevent a Democratic President from nominating a Supreme Court Justice (they want to take our guns, etc.)

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't have the best track record. I saw no way that voters would re-elect Obama.

Unimane called the election all along.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If GOP could have manufactured a candidate with an ounce of charisma, he'd be the President right now.

16. BigOrangeBeech

Yep. I was in a similar boat. That's why I am, in no way, confident about this election.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have decided that between GWB and Obama re-election it is damn near impossible to unseat an incumbent.

18. BigOrangeBeech

Pretty much it.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Formidable challenger would have helped in those two races.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Absolutely. But it's a very stacked deck. The last two who successfully unseated an incumbent were all-time great politicians (Reagan and Clinton), and both beat non-charismatic and largely ineffective opponents (Carter, Bush).