Stokes Has "Severe Hand Sprain"

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Feb 8, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Per Softball Griffith.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

rumors that he did it in a fight with Chiveous?

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Heard this too. People are already [ussy pay]ing out and telling others not to post it as it "might reflect negatively on the program". If this is true, I can't imagine the thought process by Chievous on this one.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"I've always wanted to fight a manchild who weighs 80 pounds more than I do"

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Rob Lewis says that Martin said it happened in a "competitive practice"...

Translation: He hurt it on Chiveous' face

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Them's the breaks. I like the idea that practices can be that intense.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

On the other hand, I like the bravery shown by Chievous.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Then he must have [itch bay]-slapped him. Or maybe Chiveous got him in some kind of jiu jitsu wrist submission hold or something.

You can't sprain a hand by punching a man with a closed fist. It makes no sense anatomically. You can bruise it up or break bones, but you can't sprain it. Think about it. A sprain is a stretched ligament. Ligaments get stretched when joints move beyond the normal range of motion. This doesn't happen you punch a dude in the face. Your wrist could end up kiddiewompus while popping a dude in the face -- this is why boxers wear hand wraps (wrist support). If a boxer didn't wear hand wraps he would break his wrist; he wouldn't get a sprain. Again, think range of motion.

I'm no doctor, but I've punched a few fellas in the face. There is more to this story. We need to get to the bottom of it.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My guess would be an open handed face shove. Think Jason Varitek on A-Rod's grill.

10. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Did Stokes first put a mask on his face before he started swinging hands?

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good question. Maybe Serrano put him in full gear.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I was going for the short translation...someone mentioned on TOS Chiveous had a cut over his eye. Maybe their was a scuffle and the wrist was hurt then.

13. FlowingAway.

FlowingAway. Banned

Side note: I really hate when I'm reading an article, minding my own business, when I suddenly realize every paragraph is one sentence. I continue reading, hoping that I might be wrong. By the time I'm done, I feel as if I've read an article written by an eighth grader, and I finally come to grips with the sad truth. I just read an article by Mike Griffith.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As for the bigger and more important question - is he suiting up tomorrow?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounding like he may be out a few weeks.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or not. Conflicting information out there.

17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Hoping for the or not.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. The only people who think practices so competitive that blows are occasionally thrown are bad are those who haven't a clue about bigtime D-I or NBA basketball.
    2. Chievous has some of what I like to call "good street" in his personality. You might kick his ass, but you're going to do it with him coming forward.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly. I remember listening to Alonzo mourning talking about nearly throwing down with pat Riley because of the physicality of his practices with the Heat. I obviously hate Stokes got hurt, but I like that style of practice.

20. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Stokes is a shit stirrer. Why Di you think he played on a different aau team every year and tried to trabsger twice in high school?