Cordarelle Patterson's 40 Time...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Feb 9, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sure, Dooley sucks. But if we don't get injured, we might win some games next year.

3. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Holy shit! How will the defense cover 3 great receivers?

answer: they won't

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I see lots of zone or man free coverage coming next year.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's pretty damn fast

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

" using his 4.27-second speed in the 40-yard dash"

I'll eat my hat if that is electronically timed. No offense to you guys.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Realistically it's probably a 4.33 or so.

That's still moving pretty good

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What was Jackson's when he was at Cal?

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I read an article somewhere during his recruitment that he was the best WR out of South Carolina ever. That list included AJ Green. As long as he's sub 4.5 I think it'll be ok.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Haha. I think I said that on this site, GV182. That's what someone told me about him at the high school level.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I read that in an article somewhere, too.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You remember where?

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I tried to find it, but couldn't from a quick google search. I remember reading it after you had posted something like it. It was his coach or something.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

How the [uck fay] do we manage to set ourselves up for disappointment EVERY YEAR? It's like we're retarded for it. We're crack whores for a good football team.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah i hope this guy pans out, but i'm not getting myself to excited for him until i see what he does on the field. People on toos always assume every guy we are bringing in is going to contribute from day one and tear up the SEC. Then they get blasted back to reality once the season starts.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Electronically timed is usually faster I think.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His juco coach said he's the most talented guy he's ever coached

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

just to clear this up because I'm not sure exactly what you meant, Electronic times are slower than hand times. If he ran a 4.27 hand timed, his electronic time would probably be between 4.33 and 4.4. If he ran a 4.27 electronic, that's ridiculous speed... top of the line in college football, I would think. It was probably a hand time.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And none of that matters if he can't run a route or catch a ball

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think it depends on who is timing, too. At least when I was in college, players preferred hand time. The hand time was assumed to be slower, so they took the raw time and deducted some factor x 2 that was assumed to be the delay from the timer, and that gave the number for the published hand time. Once you subtracted the human factor, hand was always faster than electronic.

That was in the '90s, and I'm sure things have changed some, but there is, and always has been, a tremendous amount of bullshit in all of those numbers up until the NFL combine.